“Average food but good service”
Review of The Egg and I

The Egg and I
Ranked #31 of 70 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American
Description: Breakfast primarily
Description: Breakfast primarily
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My family visited The Egg and I in early June, before the busy summer season. The restaurant was pretty full - most of the booths were taken - but we were quickly seated. Our service was good throughout but the food was just average. The blueberry pancakes are a recommendation. Oh, and bring cash! (But they have an ATM by the door).

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic breakfast Here at the Egg and I. My sister had the the Bobs Special Hash Benedict and I had the Bobs Special Hash omlette. Both were fantastic. Coffee was good and strong. Also tried a blubbery pancake and that was amazing too. During the busy season there is a looong wait. Be prepared. If yOu have the time then wait and eat some really great hash. I saw people with the fresh cut fruit and that looked tasty too! I would eat here every tine I was in wells! Great place and a family owned local business which makes it even better! support local businesses!

1  Thank Tgallimore
Reviewed September 17, 2012

POOR service, POOR value, TERRIBLE food. Did I mention how awful this place was? People have raved about this place for years. We finally went in expecting a great breakfast. It was so awful, I cannot imagine anyone actually waiting in line to get in here. The waffle I had was so thin and over cooked, yet came to me barely luke warm. We left hungry.

1  Thank wonderwoman63
Reviewed September 10, 2012

You must be patient - there seems to always be a line. The food is fresh and tasty. Wonderful pancakes and waffles. They have a great giftbox you can buy for $20 that includes maple syrup, blueberry jam and blueberry honey.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

This place is great for breakfast. The blueberry stuffed french toast is great and very filling. You will definitely find something on the menu to make your mouth water.

Been to The Egg and I? Share your experiences!