“Teeny Tiny”

Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Wells
New York City, New York
“Teeny Tiny”
Reviewed August 16, 2004

Stayed in a 2 BR housekeeping cottage. While the furnishings and bath were better than what you usually find in weekly rental cottages, the main room and bedrooms are miniscule in size. And the galley kitchen, while serviceable, could use some updating and a more thorough cleaning between guests to make it more appetizing. Overall though, not a bad value compared to the pricing of other accommodations in the area. However, other guests raved about the suites as being large and well equipped. I find it strange that the owners would have a mediocre cottage colony among other rooms that sound like they were first class. This resort has an AAA 3 diamond rating, yet I would judge that the cottage I stayed in was definitely below that standard.

• Stayed August 2004
10 Thank cardtraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Murray, KY
Reviewed July 25, 2004

I am in the process of planning a multi-state trip this fall. I know that fall is a busy season in New England so made tenative reservations a few weeks ago and have continued to work through my plans. This past Saturday I called to cancel my one night reservation with Garrison Suites and was told I would be charged a $20 fee. I told them I didn't understand and certainly didn't think it was fair considering the 2 1/2 month lead time. I was told the cancellation policy was in my confirmation letter. Being as it came in my confirmation letter.....it was too late at that point to not get charged wasn't it? I wasn't told of the possible charge when I made the reservation or otherwise I would not have made it. I always check the cancellation policy because until I firm up my plans, the stopping points are tenative. I just wanted others to be aware AHEAD of time.

15 Thank TrUavSelA
Hyde Park, NY
Reviewed March 4, 2004

I cannot say enough about the Garrison. From it's historical front office to it's views of the wildlife preserve everything about it was fantastic. My family spent roughly 4 days in one of the Garrisons efficency suites and had a splendid time. There is so much to do in Wells and the hotel had many amenities that made staying "home" one of the days very pleasureable. There is both a pool and a hot tub as well as a playground and volleyball equipment. The staff were friendly and non obtrusive and we were so impressed that we will be bringing our extended family to the Garrison this summer (2004) and stayin for a week in one of the cottages. There is truly something for everyone at this wonderful establishment. From efficenciecs to suites to cottages-one place has "it all"!

14 Thank Jeff G
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 15, 2003

Just came back from Columbus Day Weekend stay here - super clean, nice little white cottage perfect for one or two. Found this place at the last minute via my AAA tourbook, for a very low price-under $100 per night, after unsuccessfully trying to book a stay at my top choices ( which either were quoting me $ ranges in mid $100's-200 or had no availability). AAA gave it a 3 star rating& its well-deserved. No bugs, fresh & clean smell when you walk in,airy,white interior walls, clean carpet throughout LR & BR, ,soothing decoration w/rustic style,clean line furniture. Small but compact & comfortable. All their cottages have a front porch w/picnic table & extra chairs & flower boxes. Very well-maintained grounds. The Office-management people were the nicest I've encountered in these parts. The cottages are set back on the property from Route 1, down a sloping area w/ a view of the ocean far off & the Well Beach tidal basin on the foreground. There was a full moon during my stay & I got a beautiful view of it from my cottage. You don't get a sense at all that you're on a commercial area (Rt 1). I will definitely be returning-this time I may try their motel suites or other cottages-they have variously sized cottages & their motel suites appearted high end from the outside. Overall an excellent bargain.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member