“Honest review!”
Review of The Garrison

The Garrison
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Wells
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for a last minute labor day trip this past weekend. The Lady that owns it is very nice and let us check in very early and made us a deal for the four nights we were staying which brought us under budget! Spacious, two room suite and very comfy bed on the second floor. beautiful view of the Maine Salt marshes. Super, super clean! And housekeeping is top notch. They replenish everything, everyday! I am very picky about how clean a room is and this place exceeded expectations! the only down side. It was very humid the evenings we stayed and the bed room had no A/C! The unit in the living room worked well enough but it defeats the purpose if you take two rooms for privacy then have to leave the door open to stay cool. Also the Living room unit was old and LOUD even on the low setting! The noise didn't bother us at all but might bother some. We ended up buying a cheap fan which helped a bit but not much! On checkout, my husband mentioned it again a different woman who just kind of shrugged and said "It doesn't get that warm all that often in Maine" True enough but on the nights it does, it's very uncomfortable to try to sleep. Bottom line, this place is a good value and clean and has much going for it. I don't know if I would chance staying there again since I have asthma and it was very uncomfortable for me. The uncomfortably, warm bed room stops me from giving this place a rating of excellent. If you don't mind being very warn when you sleep, this is your place. If you like it cool like me, check the weather in advance. We very much enjoyed our stay overall!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Fantastic place to stay. Clean and quiet with a great kitchen area if you want to make any meals. We enjoyed coffee on our little deck overlooking the marsh every morning. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed with a girl friend for 3 nights at the Garrison. The owners are so accommodating and friendly to all who stay with them. The room was very clean. The view of the marsh and rolling lawn were a big plus, and the price was very reasonable, a great value.

We will be staying there again next year, for a week this time..

Anne

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anne T
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Beautiful setting, very clean. Excellent staff, really friendly. This is not your average motel. The grounds are lovely, the pool is spacious. The rooms are clean and set up for maximum space. This is a great place for a family vacation.

2  Thank Allie D
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been going to Maine every summer since I was a young child and was used to staying in a friend's cottage; however, a few years ago she stopped renting out her cottage as she is there full time now.
My family and I tried several hotel efficiencies, suites and cottages and although nice, we did not like them enough to return again.
Last year we stayed in a cottage at the Garrison. Our cottage was spacious, extremely clean and well maintained. It was a great home away from home!
The owners and staff were very friendly, helpful, polite and professional.
The grounds were beautiful. I loved having my coffee on my deck every morning enjoying the view! In the afternoons, if not at the beach, our family spent hours in the pool or playing lawn games! Many of the other families remarked that they had been staying at the Garrison for 20+ years!
Needless to say, I can't imagine staying anywhere else for our family vacation!

1  Thank handm316
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The 1st thing we noticed about our suite at The Garrison was that it was super clean...everything was scrubbed clean & smelled fresh! The suite was quite roomy & having a practically full kitchen was wonderful! We'd eat our breakfast & pack a lunch & then go out to dinner in the evening...having the kitchen was a real money saver. We were very very comfortable!
We hope to return next summer!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Martym112
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Garrison Suites is located in a perfect part of Wells! It's right up the street from Wells beach, located across the street from Congdons donuts and many other great restaurants and fun locations (mini golf, etc). My family stayed for two nights and because we are a larger family, we rented two suites. Both were very nice, clean, and comfortable! We all slept great and although we spent most time outdoors, it was nice having a great place to stay and return to after a long day out. The staff was wonderful and when we received our key they gave us a $20 dollar off gift card for 1 out of 3 restaurants near by! The pool was clean and enjoyable and the scenery surrounding the area was gorgeous! I would absolutely stay there again! It was perfect for our small vacation!

• Stayed: August 2013