“Another wonderful stay at Ne'r Beach Motel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ne'r Beach Motel

Ne'r Beach Motel
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Wells
orange county ny
“Another wonderful stay at Ne'r Beach Motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2009

Well, here we are back from another great vacation in Wells Beach and a terrific stay at Ne'r Beach Motel, 2nd year in a row. I've been vacationing In the Wells area for over twenty years and have stayed in many nice motels but none I've liked better. We checked in Sept 7th into room #3 (the room was ready and spotless) and we were to stay a week but it was just to soon to leave so we didn't actually go till the 18th. The room was great, we had an efficiency, clean and everything we needed. Water pressure fantastic, AC worked great, cable, heated pool with comfy lounge chairs all around, outside cooking area with gas grills, lobster pots and everything you could need at the ready. It might not be the motel with the most updated modern decor but I much prefer the warm and cozy look of the knotty-pine there. Feels more like Maine to me. Everything about the Ne'r Beach Motel is warm and comfortable, it feels like home. I still can't understand some of the reviews I've read here, at least not the negative ones. Nancy couldn't have been more friendly. The first day I thought I had lost a credit card and she not only went out of her way to help us find it, but she said she wanted to help us out financially so our trip wouldn't be ruined. She was always warm and helpful, her husband Mike too, he's always working at something around the motel. It was the same last year too so I'm glad I didn't listen to the "bad" reviews.The location is great, not right in the middle of everything but close enough to wherever you want to go. The grounds are immaculate and tasteful. The housekeeping staff is quick to help and honest too which I found out because I left a ring, of some value, in the room accidentally and was glad to find it still there when I returned. They also accept pets if you make arrangements, which I hope to enjoy next trip. So happy vacationing and if you want a safe, clean motel in a great location with warm friendly people then you might want to give Ne'r Beach a try and if you do, please tell Nancy.... Barb & Sherri said hi......I can't wait to get back again myself so I don't think I can wait a whole year, it's such a beautiful area. Barb B., Westbrookville NY

• Stayed September 2009
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Upstate NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

Quiet! Centrally located with trolley transit to local spots. Near great restaurants, shopping, and the ocean. Other guests are respectful, friendly, and quiet. The pool is warm, clean, and safe. the grounds are well kept, housekeeping staff are thorough and helpful, and the front desk staff responsible and friendly....a vacation of relaxation, peace and quiet.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2009

We have stayed in many places, but this one...UGH! We booked a room for one night, when we arrived they upgraded at no furthur cost to us. The room was great....until the neighbors came home. From the time they arrived at 7:30pm they were slaming doors, sounded like they were moving furniture, kids were jumping on and off the beds, so loud the room walls were shaking. Outside they kept opening a shutting car doors and talking very loud. This went on untill 1:45AM. Then they started again at 6:30AM. We jumped out of bed and left. Went to the office but the door was locked, left the key and came straight home. I called the office and told them of the situation and they gave me the impression of "oh well", I should of looked for the night manager....ya ok uh hum in my pj's at 1:30 AM. What was the point the office door was locked at 7:00AM what makes you think someone would be there anyway!. If you like roudy neighbors stay there but if you want to relax don't!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
easthampton mass
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

I read all the reviews and still decided to stay at Ne'r Beach Motel. I am very glad we did. When I called the first time to book the room I spoke with Nancy and she was nothing but nice. The second time I called I talked with Donna who was very pleasant. We were with our two daughters and one granddaughter. They all loved the place. When we walked in was expecting the musty smell that the others complained of but we didnt smell anything. I own my own house cleaning business and thought the rooms were very clean. The pool was heated and was beautiful. The landscaping was extremely well done. We cooked out on the grill two nights we were there and we loved doing that and also saving the money from eating out. We met other couples that were staying there and they all said the same thing. No you really cant walk to the beach unless you are up for a long walk and with kids we werent and that was really the only downside but the trolley stopped right in front of the motel.
We are planning another trip next year for a week and we are hoping to book this motel again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Sunnyvale, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2008

Nancy was very helpful. The room decor is a little dated, but it was very clean and nice. The pool and grounds are well maintained. It is a good value and in a good location.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — tiny sink in the bathroom
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Weston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2008

The Ne'r Beach Motel is basic, friendly, clean, and very reasonably priced for this area of Maine.

The pool was heated, a pure delight.

There were a lot of families when we were there. There was a picnic area with grills and even a big pot for boiling your own lobsters.

The room was basic, but comfortable. It had a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee machine (with coffee provided).

• Liked — Inexpensive. Heated pool.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Chillicothe, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2008

I've stayed at Ne'r Beach Motel for the last 4 years on a combination business/vacation trip to the Wells area. I've never been treated in any manner but professionally and very friendly. I have never been afraid to voice complaints with any motel facilities in the past, and would have had no problem this time. There simply was nothing to complain about. In fact, they went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of. If I had any problems, I certainly wouldn't be going back, especially after driving from Ohio with a working dog.

I have no reservation about returning to Ne'r Beach in the future, and fully intend to be there in '09.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)