“Needs rehab”

Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Wells
Lake George, New York
“Needs rehab”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Waited too long to book our regular hotel and has to settle for Ne'r Beach. Looks inviting from the outside. But the rooms are small, bed isrock hard, bathroom small and room was over priced. Otherwise we had a very relaxing time in Wells-Olgunquit, Portland, Freeport and Kttery.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 11mona48

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We've reserved for the dreams beach cottages one month before our stay and when we arrived we we're told that if was not the cottages but a room with a kitchenette. The owner Nancy was unable to look at me in the eye when she talked to me ands continue doing is business while a was speaking. I told her it was unacceptable and she seem's to don't really care about my problem. I went to see the room but it was far from the newly construct cottage I was suppose to have rent. It was old, ugly and dirty. When I've decide to get reimburse, the owner told me that she was keeping my 200$ of account and that I will be unable to find something else elsewhere.

RESULT: I lost 200$ of account, find myself without room for the night in the most occupied period of the year in Maine. Fortunately I've fold a room in Ogunquit at the Seafarer and it was cheaper and a lot cleaner than Ne'R Beach Motel.

Nancy O'brien is probably the worst women i've meet in my whole life. I feel like it's not the first time she rip off somebody.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank Jonlafortune
Harrogate, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Charming little motel, managed by a sweet husband and wife team. Clean comfortable rooms in a lovely setting - a couple dozen bungalows surrounded by trees. A half-mile, easy walk to beach access (dogs are allowed before 8:00 AM). No complimentary breakfast, and the price was in line with the other chain motels in the area. A very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Book your reservation EARY! We thought we could just grab a motel when we got into town - we were w...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RoadHound2013
ct
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Really friendly clean and close to the beach. Dog friendly too!! The pool is clean and there are grills and picnic tables so you can eat right there. Antique shops are nearby as are grocery stores and outlets. Its in a really prime location.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank deerland
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The motel room and grounds were clean during our stay. We highly appreciated the possibility of using the BBQ when we needed it. The pool is of overage size and was well cleaned. Most of staff was very friendly and helpfull (except the lady at the office). The motel is about 20 minutes of a pleasant walk from the beach. During our stay the region of Wells was not as overcrowded as Ogunquit or Kennebunkport. A cafe and some restaurants are just at a walking distance from the motel. An IGA grossery is just 11/2 mile away. If you don't like dogs is better to avoid this motel (although not too many of them were there). We stayed July 12-14 and the motel was full at 1/2 of its capacity. Several other motels/hotels also had vacancies.
The motel was overpriced during our stay (175$/night the right price perhaps would be 100-120$/night)

Room Tip: ask for a room far away from the main road
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vlad16
Portland, Maine
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We wanted a place for one night for a short vacation weekend not far from home (we live in Portland, ME). Our major criteria was not too expensive and pet friendly for our large Bernese Mountain Dog. Ne'er Beach Motel fit the bill, perfectly. Our room was more like a cabin, with a queen bedroom with TV and a separate, fully stocked kitchenette/living room with table, twin bed, tv & couch. There was also a small porch. The rooms were clean and inviting. Pillows, towels, blankets & clothes hangers were all plentiful. The bed was very comfortable. There was a pet walking area right behind the cabin, rather small but functional and we were welcome to walk our dog anywhere on the premises as long as he was leashed and cleaned up after. There was also a heated pool. The owners and staff were very friendly and helpful. Who could ask for more?

Room Tip: Rooms 15 and 16 have the two room layout described above with porch and are pet friendly.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ThePurpleProfessor
Beverly Hills, Florida
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I work at a hotel and I had a wonderful experience here. The staff was friendly and attentive. The room that we were in was clean and well prepared. The grounds were fabulous! I loved the cozy at-home feeling I got when I stayed- truly a family orientated motel!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family