“Extremely friendly, prompt service and great value for your money.”

Litchfields Bar and Grill
Ranked #29 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oshawa, Canada
“Extremely friendly, prompt service and great value for your money.”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

After reading Trip Advisor, decided to give this restaurant a try. We were not disappointed. Right from the friendly greeting we received at the door to the terrific service provided by our waitress Sarah. She was able to answer all questions and help with our meal selection. My husband and I each had a cup of chowda (very good). The ribs were indeed fall off the bone tender; the prime rib sliders were quite tasty. We'd certainly return when we next visit Maine. Steven and Kris...Ontario, Canada.

Wells, Maine
“Awesome bar and night spot.”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have been living in wells my whole life and have only started going to Litchfields the past year or so since they have come under new ownership and now I am regular and make a visit at least once a week. Litchfields is a great spot for anyone looking for a good bar and a late night scene. The bar is huge with a lot of beers on draft and Litchfields is always having promotion events and has great live and DJ entertainment as well as open mic and karaoke nights. Litchfields gets really busy on the weekends especially and even has free pool in the back room. There is also a large outside area with tables and cornhole to play. The late night menu is great and the drinks are good with great service from good bartenders. Litchfields has become the most popular night spot in wells on the weekend.

• Visited August 2013
“I can't get over these comments”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

These are probably the nicest owners I have ever met! The greatest staff work here, perfectly content with helping or getting anything I may need. I just cannot get over some of these comments. If you are a local, 90% if not more adore the owners, the atmosphere, the staff, and the food. There are so many reviews on here that absolutely surprise me and I have seen all too many tourist customers come in and try to screw these good people over. You are coming to Maine for the gracious people who live here, the amazing beach views, and the great Maine seafood. Get over yourselves people... If you're on vacation, then you probably are some of the unhappiest people I have met if you have to complain about anything at Litchfields Bar and Grill. Many people who complain are customers trying to save a buck (even tho the food is amazing and is decently priced) because they spent too much on their hotels in Kennebunkport. Word of advice-- try this place out while on vaca and see for yourselves how nice everyone is there. Ask for sue or Todd and they will help you with no problem getting anything you need. Nicest people around.

• Visited December 2012
New Hampshire
“good bar”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is good for the bar patron. Some of the food is very good and some is just ok. I ordered a steak and it came in a basket with a paper lining and it was messy. The last I knew, you couldn't get a lobster meal there but they may have changed. You have to sell lobster meals in Wells Maine. They cater to a local bar crowd. They work hard at getting customers in. They aren't too pricey. It is worth the stop.

Visited April 2013
Simsbury, CT
“Great food for the traveler”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We happened to stop here during our trip to Maine, and were so pleased with our lunches that we stopped again on our way home. Both were beautiful days, so we dined in the outside area at tables with umbrellas. The pulled pork sandwich was delicious - served hot, which is one of our pet peeves. My husband had the fried haddock the first time, and the lobster roll the second. He raved about both. Very casual dining, excellent service and reasonable prices. We will be sure to stop on our next trip north.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Litchfields Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!