We stayed at Haven By the Sea for just one night and are already looking forward to a return visit. The inn is located in Wells Beach, a short block away from the ocean. We liked the location as it was away from the busyness of other B & B's that we passed along Route 1.
John and Susan are wonderful innkeepers; their love for their inn is evident in the beautiful decor, spotlessly clean rooms, and attention to their guests' needs. The inn has very comfortable common areas which made it especially nice for me to relax while my husband checked his emails via their wifi. We also appreciated the central air-conditioning as it was unseasonably warm.
Sue warmly greeted us at check-in and asked if we had any specific dietary needs or preferences. We met John during the social hour - we felt like we were sitting with old friends as we enjoyed their humor and refreshments. We asked for suggestions for dinner and John readily called to make reservations for us after determining our preferences.
We enjoyed a great night's sleep. The bed in our room was extremely comfortable - more than ours at home!
Breakfast, served on the back deck overlooking their beautifully landscaped yard and the marsh between Wells and Wells Beach, was fabulous. We had a fruit with a mascarpone cheese topping followed by a Swedish pancake topped with a homemade berry sauce and a side of turkey sausage. John served (Sue is the chef) and again he entertained us with his bantering humor. We did note that some other guests seemed to prefer more private seating and conversation and the seating on the deck allowed for that.
Several of the other guests were return visitors to the inn - we hope to be that ourselves as well!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coastal. Relaxed. Desired. Ocean side, and centrally located between Ogunquit and Kennebunkport, this seaside bed and breakfast is Wells Beach premier B & B Inn. Once a seaside church, now completed renovated with oversize custom guestrooms and suites with waterviews. The Inn offers all the amenities you would expect at your finer lodging establishments including a complimentary breakfast and full bar service. Enjoy the terrace with its breeze from the ocean and surrounding marshlands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Haven By The Sea B&B Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haven By The Sea Hotel Wells
- Haven By The Sea B&B Inn Wells, Maine