“Fabulous!!!! Always enjoy our stay. Highly recommended to our friends”

Haven By The Sea B&B Inn
Ranked #2 of 9 Wells B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Best bed and breakfast Inn that we have visited. Hosts are always friendly and funny. Food is excellent. Will go there againt

Reviewed July 20, 2009

Very clean Facility and extremely frendly atmosfere. Outstanding breakfast.

Reviewed July 17, 2009

Susan and John will do whatever it takes to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. We've been their welcome guests since they decided to start their lovely B&B, and look forward to each annual return with great expectations - which they always manage to exceed. Breakfast offerings are superb and filling, lovingly prepared by Susan and deftly delivered by John. And both are adept at preparing world-class martinis, which can be enjoyed either in the privacy of your room, or with the laughter filled company of their other guests. Why stay anywhere else?

Reviewed July 17, 2009

Many other reviews have described the Inn, I don't have much to add other than to say that descriptions don't do the building and it's interior justice. You really need to go and see it first hand to truly appreciate what a fanatastic job John and Susan have done! While you're there, make sure you don't miss breakfast and happy hour. We really enjoyed spending time with the other guests and our hosts were always going out of their way to make sure everyone was comfortable, relaxed and having a good time. We enjoyed every minute and will defininitely be back.

1  Thank Mike_Gail_NH
Reviewed July 16, 2009

My Mom and I have started a wonderful tradition. Every year we go to Haven for girl's weekend away. My mom introduced me to the place a few years ago. We had so many laughs and made so many memories, I couldn't fit it all in the scrapbook. Now every July we return to relax and marvel at the beauty of Haven. Our room is extensively clean and well maintained. The breakfast is always something delicious and the drinks at Happy Hour have us rushing back so we don't miss it. Our favorite part would have to be John and Susan. They make us feel right at home from the moment our car pulls up to the front. It truly feels like a home away from home!

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed July 15, 2009

My husband and I have not been away together without the kids for quite some time. I wanted to find a place near the beach, but wanted something different than the usual hotel/motel type place. After searching for what seemed to be forever, I finally picked up the phone and called to inquire about this particular B & B since it appeared to have availability. I spoke the owner, Susan and instantly knew this was the place for us.
The Inn is charming, but elegant. I loved our room, but also loved having our breakfast (and later, a cocktail ) outside on the patio, sitting out front on the rockers in the sun with my tea, and of course, meeting other guests. The food was delicious and so nicely presented. Very generous servings as well.
Both John and Susan made us feel welcomed and were very attentive to our needs throughout our weekend stay. They are both so easy to talk. Susan helped us with choosing a restaurant for our anniversary dinner by gathering several menus for us to review and then made the reservation for us. John offered the use of the Inn for a quick "pit stop" before we headed out later Sunday afternoon, way beyond our check-out time.
We left Maine feeling pampered, relaxed and content. Truly, The Haven by The Sea is good for the soul!

1  Thank RelaxMeAmherst_NH
Reviewed June 29, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a FANTASTIC weekend spent at Haven by the Sea. We received a gift certificate to the B&B as a wedding present and were so excited to redeem it. Having never stayed at a B&B before we weren't quite sure what to expect.

I am a person who does a lot of "researching" before heading into something new. Meaning I read reviews on sites like this and check out the attractions they recommend. I was excited about the high marks on all sites and honestly a little weary about the small fraction of poor/terrible reviews.

This B&B was beautiful! An old church completely renovated by the Innkeepers (John and Susan) has lots of charm.

John assisted us with our bags from the car, showed us our room and then gave us a tour of the property. The building has one of the original pews in a hallway, spacious dining room, and a lovely deck where we enjoyed cocktails at happy hour and breakfast in the morning. Our room was large and extremely clean and complete with a rubber ducky on the edge of the bath tub to make it feel even more like a home away from home.

Haven by the Sea is conveniently located in Wells, ME. When I was younger I had vacationed to Ogunquit and York before but never to Wells. I love how this B&B isn’t in the middle of all tourists shops and restaurants yet within walking distance to Trolleys (public transportation) so we didn’t have to worry about paying for parking in town, if we chose.

Breakfast was absolutely delicious and I wish Susan would share some of those recipes! It began with juice orders, then a delicious appetizer, followed by the main course! My husband and I never felt rushed and loved being able to just relax and enjoy each others company!

At night we never had issues with noise or being reprimanded for being out late, I find those comments hard to believe. My husband and I brought our own bottle of wine and were surprised that we had glasses in our room for us to use! At about 10:30 -11pm we poured ourselves a glass of wine and ventured out to the beach for a midnight stroll. When we returned my husband helped himself to the complimentary Port, Sherry and Brandy in one of the common areas and sampled each of them.

Overall we were extremely satisfied and I am looking forward to returning next month for a girl’s weekend!!

John and Susan thank you soo much once again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wells
Wells - Ogunquit Resort Motel & Cottages
#12 of 36 in Ogunquit
Ogunquit River Inn
Ogunquit River Inn
#6 of 29 in Wells

Been to Haven By The Sea B&B Inn? Share your experiences!