All reviews old church other guests converted church deck overlooking common areas b and b each morning wonderful hosts bed and breakfast wells beach get away wonderful weekend breakfast was delicious salt marsh new england danny maine
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Can't dispute success!! What does a rate of 92% for visitors returning to Haven tell you!! John and Susan (the tall thin blond) have perfected the art of being innkeepers. They have kept all the charm and beauty of a former church and added all the modern day amenities to this beautiful B & B. Each room or suite is decorated uniquely different. The place is immaculate! Susan keeps promising to publish a cookbook of her delicious breakfast feasts. The strolls along the beach at sun rise or sitting on the deck during Happy Hour at sun set just add to our enjoyment of our visit but the main reason for our return visits to this Inn is the delightful, friendly personalities of John and Susan. They really make us feel so welcomed and our visit so enjoyable. Kate and Bob D.

Room tip: On our last visit we enjoyed the newly renovated suite; having our own entrance and deck.
1  Thank Kate D
Reviewed September 24, 2012

What a majestic place!! This B&B is so beautiful, so elegantly decorated, and so unique!! My wife and I are B&B'ers, and this is one of the most beautiful B&B's we have been to! What John and Susan did to this place cannot be described in words...It's a must see, and a must experience!!

It is absolutely spotless with no detail overlooked. Breakfasts were just spectacular! Big servings and gourmet quality! This B&B has it all....Elegant sitting areas, a beautiful outdoor patio to enjoy a glass of wine or cocktail from their fully stocked bar, amazing decor, beautiful rooms, and just steps from an amazing beach!! Being a former church building, this B&B is in a residential area which is so nice because you're in a quiet neighborhood setting. Your close enough to walk to the beach store and gift shop and yet just far enough away to avoid the crowds.

John and Susan made us feel like guests in their own home! They are so down to earth and friendly. We not only enjoyed their amazing inn, but we really enjoyed visiting with them as well. They helped us make the best of our weekend by recommending places to go, places to eat, and places to visit. We had such an amazing time!

We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I made a return trip to "Haven by the Sea" after a really nice time last year. This year's vacation was a repeat success, with the warm and congenial, and hardworking owners, John and Susan Jarvis, making sure that that we were enjoying ourselves.
"Haven" is clean, beautifully decorated, and wonderfully peaceful. Susan's breakfasts will leave you stuffed so full as to make lunches unnecessary. Well's is a nice unpretentious Maine coastal Town, with abundant beautiful beaches and home to the Laudholm Preserve, a lovely preserved farm with coastal and estuary properties.

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I needed a place to relax with no tension. I just stumbled on this place. Our hosts John and Susan treated us like family and Susan makes real gourmet breakfasts, Just fantastic. I tried very hard to find even a speck of dust, nothing but spotless. The place was truly magnificent. I not only recommend this place, my wife and I will definitely be coming back. I came back on Monday refreshed and ready to “fire on all Cylinders”
Bob and Ilene

Room tip: The suite was like your own kindgom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I were scheduled to go to Bermuda for a week, however, a hurricane disrupted our plans. We decided to get away for a few days and wanted to head toward Maine. We found Haven by the Sea by accident, however, what a wonderful time we had. John and Susan made us feel welcome upon our arrival and we never stopped laughing. It was like being at a friends house. They were accommodating, entertaining, knowledgeable and know what great customer service is. My husband and I can't wait to go back there.
Sue K