“Better than you'd think”
Review of Mekhong Thai Wells

Mekhong Thai Wells
Ranked #12 of 59 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2016

Curb appeal isn't much and business seems to be slow sometimes when it shouldn't, but we've had consistly good meals here. Much better than "East,'' the Asian tourist trap down the street. Not much for atmosphere, so if you're staying locally, take out is a good option.

Date of visit: June 2015
Write a reviewReviews (169)

Reviewed April 7, 2016 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant on a few occasions during the times I have stayed in Ogunquit. I am not a very adventurous vegetarian when it comes to eating out but have gained confidence in ordering take out or dining in with the consistent caring and friendly manner of the personnel in this restaurant. Nothing is too much trouble and their honesty is admirable when it comes to suggesting dishes by informing what is or isn't suitable for a vegetarian. It may seem odd but as I have been a vegetarian for over 30 years I get a sense of 'smell' if something isn't right and I have never encountered this with Mekhong Thai of Wells ME.
They mark the dishes Vegan or Vegetarian when submitting the orders to the kitchen.
Previously I have seen other receipts I have had marked NO FISH , NO EGG etc
I hope this helps other Vegetarians to have confidence in dining out.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed March 31, 2016

We went to this restaurant twice during our week in Maine. We ordered several vegetable and noodle dishes. The food was wonderful and one of the few healthy options in this town where fried food and sweet food dominates the restaurant landscape.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed March 3, 2016

the service was good, but the food was just OK, noodles were a bit dough-ie, heavy on the gravy sauce. We would try another place before returning to The Mekhong Thai

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed February 6, 2016

we were staying in Wells up from NY and were sick of fried fish with french fries, my gosh ive been eating that all week. wanted something different.So we saw they had a few thai food restaurants in the area. Thats something i eat very rarely.So we went.Boy it was good. I had drunken noodles and my boyfriend had the pad thai.We both had big plates and they were so tasty. I enjoyed it to no end. I recomend this restaurant.Oh and we also had fried pan dumplings for an app.They were tasty and light, not heavy like most chinese places.delish!

Date of visit: February 2016