“pleasant surprise”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2016

we were staying in Wells up from NY and were sick of fried fish with french fries, my gosh ive been eating that all week. wanted something different.So we saw they had a few thai food restaurants in the area. Thats something i eat very rarely.So we went.Boy it was good. I had drunken noodles and my boyfriend had the pad thai.We both had big plates and they were so tasty. I enjoyed it to no end. I recomend this restaurant.Oh and we also had fried pan dumplings for an app.They were tasty and light, not heavy like most chinese places.delish!

Date of visit: February 2016
Write a reviewReviews (169)

Reviewed January 9, 2016

Always make a point to go to Mekong Thai when in the Wells area. The clear peanut sauce served with the fresh spring rolls is wonderful. Can customize the heat of the dishes--C is plenty spicy. Love that they are now open at 11:30 Thursday-Saturday.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed November 3, 2015

Mekhong Thai is a must stop when we are in the area. We happened along it on our first trip to Maine and were so pleased with the meal and impressed with the quality that it became a reason to return to Maine. Everything we have had here is good, but we are partial to the Mekhong Thai fried rice. It is a delicious, but not overpowering, mixture of meats and vegetables in a lightly fried rice. The addition of pineapple adds a delightful flavor. BUT, years ago they also used to include cashews in the rice. This was not the case on this visit, and we did miss them. For that reason it is a four-circle rather than a five-circle review.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed October 7, 2015

Had to work late one night, so had missed going out for dinner with everyone else. They knew I love Thai, but never tried this place, always went to I am Thai in Ogunquit.
I must say this was much better and seemingly fresher than I am Thai(now out of business). Certainly will be back. Not sure how they saw it, but my family said the kitchen and restaurant was spotless. The food was on point. Give it a try.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed September 16, 2015 via mobile

Spring rolls are great! Loved the shrimp green curry. I asked for hottest but it's really not that hot though it was very good. Good service and prices. Will be back.

Date of visit: September 2015