“Swell in Wells”

Ranked #5 of 9 Wells B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Swell in Wells”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We are a group of family and friends and we rented 23 rooms.
Wonderful property, courteous staff,,,,,,
Who would have expected duvet in a motel?
Wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the facilities

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank VishsFamilyFriends
ABVIWells, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Cottages, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We were delighted to host you and your family!!!

Yes the duvet is one of our personal touches. We try to keep our bedding very modern. All beds include three sheets, a duvet, a bed scarf, and a bed skirt! We hope to see you and your group again in the near future!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Northampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed here, with my 2 girlfriends on 6/19-6/21/14. I was very impressed with the appearance of the whole place and the cleanliness and comfortable feeling of the room. I enjoyed meeting one of the owners, Polly, who was very friendly to us our entire stay. I was also very taken with, Mike, whom we nicknamed "Happy Mike". He was very helpful in getting us what we needed and was always more than happy to help out. If there was an award to be given out to a front desk clerk, my vote would be for Mike. Make sure if you stay here to meet and interact with him. A trolly stop is right next to the place which is very convenient. I am planning to stay here again on our next trip to the area. It was a great weekend and this place made it a big part of the reason. I would truly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Clara R
ABVIWells, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Cottages, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for the positive compliments, and fantastic review of our property! As you know, we try to be accommodating to all your needs. We're glad to hear that you loved our staff, as we're always here to help!

I'm glad you utilized the trolley service that picks you up right in front of our entrance. More importantly, we're happy to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful southern Maine coast!
Burlington, Vermont, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I went here for a long weekend and were very pleased with the accommodations. The rooms are very clean, the owners are genuinely nice and very accommodating to our needs. You cannot beat the location, right on the main strip and close to everything and the price cannot be beat. We will be back, absolutely!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Jennifer!

Thank you for your compliments! We train our staff, and inspect all of our rooms daily to ensure cleanliness. More importantly we're so glad to hear that you love the value of our accommodation. As you know, we provide the following as standard amenities/features (no extra cost) in all of our rooms: plasma TVs, microwave, refrigerator, complimentary wireless internet, keurig coffee machine (2 kcups complimentary per night), trolley pick up/drop off location at entrance (fees apply to use trolley), upgraded beds.

We also use triple sheeting beds instead of the old fashioned bed spreads.

The best compliment we can hear is that you'll be back! We look forward to hosting you again, as you were a wonderful guest!
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Anymore these days it is getting very rare to find good customer service. But hear I stumbled across some of the best, I had a long stressful day of traveling and after booking with a disgusting hotel in kittery and have to scramble at 9pm to find a new hotel I managed to book with abvi. Upon arrival I was greeted by an older man and woman who were a sight for sure eyes. I ended up being so overwhelmed with their hospitality that I burst into tears like a big baby. I won't get into all the details but they were wonderful, remembered me through my whole trip and were nothing but nice to me. The hotel was clean and accommodating. The pool was nice and the grass area was enough for my daughter to run around. Also in booking here they give you a receipt that gets you discounts at local restaurants which was perfect because you could just walk across the street and get a delicious breakfast at a great price. My family and I loved this hotel and it seemed all the other guests we met along the way did too!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful compliments. We are glad to have made your day better. We will not forget you!

Our pool has been newly painted, and we also have new furniture around the pool. We do partner up with local restaurants so guests at our accommodation get discounts as long as they bring their registration card.

We're delighted to hear of your pleasurable stay, and hope you will stay with us again in the near future!
Natick, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed at this property the weekend of Easter. I must say from the check-in to the time we left was nothing but good experiences. The lady working the front desk, I think she was an owner, was so accommodating to my needs of needing to be close units because we were traveling with 3 elderly people. I had rented the medium cottage with 2 bedrooms and another separate room with 2 double beds. The cottage itself was really nice and clean, and had all the amenities that you would need. The double room was very clean and comfortable and as a bonus had a Keurig coffee maker which was nice. I would definitely recommend this motel. This would be the place in the summer with picnic tables, grills, and a pool.The only reason I took a star away was because the ice machine did not work and we had to leave and get ice. It was off season so that could have been the reason. An additional note is to call the property directly to get a rate, you will save money on your room :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ABVIWells, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Cottages, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Hello skydiver401

Thank you for your positive feedback. We're glad you enjoyed our new addition for 2014, the keurig coffee machines. I'm also glad to hear that our staff treated you well during your stay with us. In addition, it is nice to hear that you had a chance to stay at two different room types: a cottage, and a hotel room

We apologize for the ice machine. We did just buy a new ice machine, and since we just kicked off the season we were delayed in having it installed.

We hope to host you again!

Thanks,
ABVI Management Team
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed here last October after some complications with Expedia forced us to find other accommodations, which worked our for the better because we ended up saving some money. Now we're reserving a room for our summer vacation this year.

The rooms were clean and had all the standard amenities you find at a hotel: flat screen TV, wireless internet, granite furniture, modern bedding/decor, refrigerator, even a microwave, etc. Our king bed was pretty comfortable but we're used to having more pillows so we had to ask for them, which the front desk (maybe owners?) provided.

It was a bit too cold outside to test the pool but it seemed nice and we're looking forward to taking a dip this year. We did use the grills on the property to cook a few meals but mostly we went out to the restaurants nearby, of which there were several. The property location is really nice as it's on the main road and everything in Wells/Ogunquit is close.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Pierce B.

Thank you for your wonderful compliments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our standard policy is 4 pillows to a bed, but we are more than happy to provide more and are glad you requested this at our front office. We urge all of our guests that if they need something in their room to simply ask us at the front desk and we'll do our best to fulfill the request

The heated pool is open seasonal during the months of late May to September. We hope you also leveraged our partnerships with local restaurants for added savings!

Thanks,
ABVI Management Team
White River Junction, Vermont
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed in the cottage that had 2 bedrooms (1 Queen & 1 Full). This cottage was totally unsuited to be rented out. The cottage itself was unfinished (rather than having a 'rustic' look, it looked dumpy). The top of the stove was dirty, the freezer was dirty, the window blinds were dirty, the sofas were like sitting on boxes, the mattresses were old and very uncomfortable. There was no mirror in the 2nd bedroom. There were no clothes hangers in either room. The blankets were quite old and tattered. I don't know what they were thinking by allowing this place to be used. I see some great reviews posted about the rooms, and I had high hopes that this would be the place we would come to when we vacation here twice a year, but I would never stay here again. Though the price was good, we certainly did not get what we paid for.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank medora58
ABVIWells, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Cottages, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
We are deeply sorry to hear about unsatisfying stay last weekend with us. There is absolute no reason that the cottage should have been dirty on your arrival. We have spoken to the head housekeeper to ensure that our housekeeping check list is properly followed and inspected by our manager.

We do heavily invest in the property each year to bring the most up to date furniture, and equipment. The property has been under new management earlier this year, and the focus was renovating all of our guest rooms, with a few updates to our cottages. Regarding our guest rooms in the motel section of the property, you may have noticed from pictures that everything has been updated from mattresses, TVs, furniture, appliances, etc.

We do have major plans to update the mattresses in the cottages before the start of the 2014 season.

We wish you brought these issues to us upon check in, and we would have been more than happy to address them.

The next time you are back in this area, please feel free to visit the property to just take a look at some of the other rooms/cottages. We would love to have an opportunity to be the place you choose when coming to the beautiful southern coast of Maine!