“Back in time”

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Wells
Quebec City, Canada
“Back in time”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went to The Beaches in August 2013 for 4 nights. We reserved a couple of weeks before and booked directly from the motel. Service was good and quick. Arriving at the motel, I was welcomed just as nicely. All week long the staff was smiling and friendly. Entering in the room was like going back in the 70's: wood walls, old furniture, green bath and toilet. The typical 1970's motel room. Although old, the room was clean and functional, with a small kitchenette. The motel is well-located near to grocery stores, restaurants and beach, and the pool is nice. So if you are looking for a friendly place to meet people, you will be served. However, if you are looking for a good-quality lodging and modern facility, you might get a little disappointed.

2 Thank Cassdy

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Coatesville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you want a comfortable clean relaxing place to stay with great hosts this is it, look no further! We happened upon this place last year and we enjoyed it so much we came back for our entire vacation this year.

Mark & Pat

Room Tip: We have stayed in two different cottages, would recommend either!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pat M
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

A gem of a place with a family atmosphere, created by the fire pit enclosed in the pool area. Guests meet and chat over the toasting marshmallows, making lasting friendships. Jess and Joe were more than accommodating and the location is close to Ogunquit.

If you're looking for a place that has cottage comfort, pleasant guests and friendly owners, this is your place.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Woodbury, Connecticut
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Great place to stay !! and you can bring your dog. Joe and Jessica are the best, friendly helpful and always available. The Beaches is quiet, with nice pool, close to everything including the trolley stop. Believe it or not I left something behind and they were able to find it and sent it to me. you won't find that very often. It's better having the owners on the premises.

Room Tip: We only stayed in one but it was fine. They do also have cottages available, like having your own li...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dyer C
Pelham, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The owners are so nice and they are very knowledgeable of the area. The rooms are so cozy and clean and the pool is clean as well. Just the traffic (something they can't control) woke us up in the morning but other than that it was so nice! Just bring ear plugs and you'll be fine.

1 Thank Emy F
White River Junction, Vermont
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Very well kept, quiet, family-run getaway. The pool was very clean and we had it to ourselves! Our rooms were also very clean,we had a cute little porch off our bedroom, and the kitchen offered just what we needed to cook breakfast without having to go out. They had a fire pit, other nice touches that made the stay special. The Beaches is only a couple of minutes by car to Ogunquit - close enough to enjoy the beach easily, and far enough away to avoid the crowds and traffic in town. We'll be sure to come here again next time we want to get away with the family for a few days. I'd enthusiastically recommend The Beaches of Maine , especially as their prices are far lower than what you'd pay in town!

Shaftsbury, Vermont, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I can't say enough nice things about Joe & Jessica!!!I had an "issue" with my credit card and was frantic,I called and emailed these AWESOME folks and they reserved a cottage for me EVEN though I didn't have a deposit as I had to cancel my ONLY credit card...The cottages are SUPER clean!!The grounds are super clean!!The pool was SUPER clean!!!We we given loads of towels for bathing,the pool AND beach!!!Service?Well let's just say I never see this couple sit,Towels,toilet paper,EVEN charcole ALWAYS at our service!!Cooking grills...outside seats..picnic tables...They light a fire every night by the pool and have sticks w/marshmellows!I ( They also have an awesome light inside the pool that makes night swimming even more fun) slept awesome and so did my husband and 2 teens & 1 year old granddaughter :) We will be going back!I was sad we only had 3 nights this year to go as hubby had to get back to work but next year we will stay MUCH longer!!Cottage #3 was so sweet..2 bedrooms and a pull out couch we ALL had privacy and there is even a patio outback with lights and a patio set,My kids and husband set it all up for me for my bday!! I am enclosing a few pics of not just the motel/cottages but also whats in the 1-2 mile drive/walk from there!!Location was AWESOME!!So close to EVERYTHING!!Oh ya we forgot bug spray but Jess was fast to share her's!All I can say is if your looking for a clean,well kept,quiet,fun,well ran place to stay with service and smiles GO TO Beaches!You WONT be disappointed :) Thanks again Jess & Joe (((Hugs)) from your VT friends James,Daisy,Andrea,Haley & Lilly <3

Room Tip: Cottage #3 sleeps 5-7 COMFORTABLY Depending on the size of the individual.
1 Thank Daisy05201