“nice little place to golf”

Merriland Farms Golf Course
Ranked #5 of 15 Outdoor Activities in Wells
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I like this little par 3 course. I am not a good golf. So this is a nice little par 3 course to go and practice on.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Great course for all ability levels. No hole is more than 120 yards, so every hole is manageable, even for beginners. That said, strategically placed trees/bunkers/water require more experienced players to hit different shots on every hole. No question the majestic 7th is the signature hole on the course. At only 65 yards, it calls for a precise first shot as water carefully guards the back of the green in addition to a false front which, if left short, will require a delicate chip to save par. Greens fees are reasonable at only $15 per round with $8 replays. My only suggestion would be for a play all day rate, because I could easily play 7 rounds a day at this course. Don't forget to stop by the Cafe for lunch after your round. You won't be disappointed.

3  Thank Greg M
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Friends placed golf and said it was a great course. Some holes more challenging than others but I don't play golf so I only have their word. The restaurant is a great place to go for breakfast and lunch. Did go for lunch with a group of ladies for an exceptional meal. Served in a timely manner and everything was delicious! Look forward to going there this summer. Very enjoyable place.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a week at The Tallwood Motel, a mile away. We golfed alot here during the week. We loved it. We never ate there but next year we plan to. You should have more advertisements and information at the The Tallwood Motel at the bottom of Coles Hill Road. Passes? We plan on coming up next year with friends. We will stay at the Tallwood and golf here.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was born and raised in Wells, Maine. I started playing golf about five years ago and was able to become very good by playing a lot at Merriland Farms. I have played the course now over fifty times. Its a beautiful course with some challenging holes. They range from distances of about 65 yards to 120 yards. Great for practicing with your nine iron or wedges. Course is well maintained and there usually is no wait. I love playing at Merriland Farms because its a place where you can go play a hour long game if you don't have time to play a full 18 hole course and its great if you want to bring friends who are less experienced.