“Hidden Jewel Shines in Wells”
Review of The Boon Island Ale House - CLOSED

The Boon Island Ale House
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Casual, Comfortably Elegant Chef Inspired Restaurant with a Nautical flare.
West Newbury, Massachusetts
“Hidden Jewel Shines in Wells”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I am still fat and happy having enjoyed a fabulous meal and wonderful company at Boon Island Ales. The menu is much more extensive than expected, the quality is outstanding, prices are reasonable and the quantity is why I am fat tonight. I ordered the fried haddock sandwich which comes with fries. Both were cooked perfectly. My friend had a specialty burger and sweet potato fries. They were the best sweet potato fries I have ever eaten and I have eaten quite a few. We shared a bowl of the lobster bisque which was rich, creamy and yummy. Oprah, this should be on your favorites list! There just was no room for dessert.
The great company refers to the fabulous owners. They make you feel at home and no one is more important than you. Wish Boon Island Ale could be my home. Can't wait to return!

2 Thank Ragsmom01985

Massachusetts
“Outstanding quality and value. We sat...”
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Outstanding quality and value.
We sat down in the bar area at a table. This is a microbrewery that serves superior beer alongside top notch cuisine.
We started with an App. called Shark Bites. Lightly battered Haddock. As in taste the fish NOT the batter! Came with fries on the bottom and a chipolte dipping sauce. For an entree I had Lobster Pot Pie. Succulent lobster in a sauce that only complimented the Lobster.
No filler. The puft crust was delicate and Devine. It came with a garden salad with balsamic. The greens tasted as if they were fresh picked from a local garden. The clam chowder was chock full of clams. Thin broth and full of flavor.

Boon Island Ales are all good.
Brown Ale was standout.
IPA lovely.
Lager yummy.
Light ale perfect.

Many nice guest beers compliment the beer list. Sebago is worth a mention.

Can't wait to go back. Thanks to Steve and Chris.

wells
“Goof Fun - Fair Prices”
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Food was very good - nothing on the menu was over $15.00 very tasty. They also cook your catch. So if you are lucky enough to catch a fish off the jetty or on a charter boat they will cook it for you - i think around $12 with sides!

Taunton, Massachusetts
“This is a family owned restaurant , and this family makes you feel right at home”
Reviewed June 20, 2010

What a delight it was to stop into this jewel of a micro brewery / restaurant. We just got lucky this Father's day weekend, while passing down the road on our weekend in Maine.
My future husband Mario enjoys quality brews as well as excellent food.... well we found it here. I am going to be perfectly honest, I have never written a review for a business that we have visited, and we have visited many! But I had to take the time to tell you all about this wonderful amazing place....... Boon Island restaurant is owned by a lovely husband and wife and son team..... I'm not sure where our bartender Chris fits into this family, but this man was above and beyond friendly, well educated on brews, mixers, and food.

I can't say enough about this family, they way they make their customers feel right at home, they were so down to earth, you could just tell how sincere and real this family is.
I miss this place already.... and can't wait until we go back again at the end of August.
The chowder... oh my goodness... the seared scallops with the seaweed salad , that by the way the presentation was perfect! and their very own brewed ales... enjoyable!

1 Thank sandilovett17
leominster, ma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing place, contemporary menu while also feeling like Pub food”
Reviewed June 19, 2010

This is now my favorite place whenever I get to visit Wells! They have a whole list
of exotic drinks, plus tons of different types of beer for those that really get into beer.
The menu is one of the most impressive I've seen for this type of establishment.
They offer a Lobster stew that is to die for, different, more contemprary items that you might find in a Cambridge restaurant, but you can also get the best burger around
if you're in the mood. The atmosphere is incredible, very classy, but not overdone
as they accomplished their goal of staying with an "Ale House" theme. All four times
I've been, the owner wasn't in (I'd love to find out who they used for a designer, menu
expert, etc.) They just opened in May, 2010 and each time I went, (between 4-7pm) the
place was packed. Wish I could come up with these ideas:-) I can't find a website or
anything on the owners? If you're anywhere near Wells, ME - don't miss this place!
Cambridge, MA