“Fish and Chips”

Feile Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #18 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub, International
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Summerside, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fish and Chips”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Being a couple who like to travel and eat, we have had haddock fish and chips in many places. Being Atlantic Canadians who know how good fresh fish tastes, we know when we order fish and chips away from home, we are likely to be disappointed. When we visited this restaurant today, my husband ordered the fish and chips and it was excellent. The plate held two big pieces of fish and home made french fries. The fish was fresh and tender, the batter perfect and it was cooked to perfection. I ended up stealing one piece of fish, although my wings were very good too. Added bonus today, Sunday is $3.00 Bloody Mary day and half-price chicken wings! We will be going again before we end our visit.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Lionel860

JULIAN
“Delicious menu. Everyone seemed to know everyone else, like a real Irish pub.”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I went for the Corned Beef and Cabbage, especially since they prepare their own coned beef from Angus brisket. It was very good, and this isn't a slight, It doesn't rate any higher because I have had some exceptional Irish cuisine in my travels. For American-ized, this is really good. The portions are hearty, I couldn't finish the plate. App w/entree and a Jameson's on the rocks totaled $30. Not bad at all.
The onion rings are homemade and I was blown away. specially considering they are just an appetizer. Best onion rings I have ever had, hands down.

I ate here Dec. 6th, they were having karaoke in the pub section, and an "ugly Christmas sweater" competition, which made for an interesting dining experience. ;)
The pub is generally separate from the dining rooms, but with karaoke going on, it was a tad noisy. But I won't begrudge anyone their Friday night frivolities. Everyone appeared to know everyone else, which is definitely in the Irish pub tradition. The pub is supposed to be the meeting place for friends and relations. You could feel a good vibe in the air, unlike typical bars that host karaoke. It was very cordial.
The atmosphere was pleasant, lovely holiday decorations all around.

I would highly recommend adding a stop here to your travel plans, if you are in the area. It's a short drive from Portland, I was staying in Kennebunk, four miles away.

• Visited December 2013
“Dan”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Excellent, excellent, and excellent. Great food and drink, great fun safe atmosphere. Check it out on karaoke night and dance and sing the night away.

Needham, Massachusetts
“Awesome Shepard's Pie”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Get the Shepard's pie. Just the way I love it, potatoes, corn, hamburger and gravy. Gravy had mushrooms but I could hardly taste them. I am not a fan of mushrooms, but I tried it anyway and I loved it sooooo good.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank J S
Farmington, Connecticut
“Fresh fantastic pub food.”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were in Wells for a wedding and mini vacation. We liked this place so much we went twice in three days! The first time was a Sunday night we sat at a booth in the bar. Booths are big...enough for 6 people. We had the nachos o'houlihan which were fantastic. They make the gravy fresh for each batch of nachos! My husband had the bangers and mash which were wonderful (I barely got a taste). I had the butternut squash soup, very good nice and thick too. They have a huge beer selection (which I didn't realize until after I ordered a apple harvest martini) The martini was a nice big one great flavor! My husband tried two different beers. We went back for "burger Monday" the next day and sat at the bar. Great to see all the fire, police and rescue patches on the wall from all over the place. We each got a burger with different additions. The onion rings and friend are great! Our burgers were cooked perfectly and were very tasty. Sunday night they had music and it was a great band! Not too loud either. We would go back if we were in Wells again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank stagetek23

Been to Feile Restaurant & Pub? Share your experiences!