“All the comforts of home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wells
New Harbor View Cottages
Ranked #7 of 18 Specialty Lodging in Wells
Keene, New Hampshire
“All the comforts of home!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

New Harbor View Cottages has been our vacation "home" for the past several years. The location is the best. Everything you could possibly want to do is within walking distance - including the beach, restaurants, and the most charming gift shops. We always stay in Cottage 11 and it's very comfortable. It's clean and roomy and has everything you could want to make your stay enjoyable. Our hosts, Deb & Adam, went out of their way to make sure we had a good time. And we did! Imagine watching the sun rise while sitting on the porch with a cup of coffee and the ocean breeze greeting you every morning!! As usual, our week flew by and I didn't want to leave. It's a very peaceful setting where you can just relax and enjoy life. Our dog looks forward to it every year, too. (Hi Scooter!!) Almost forgot to mention the pool....it's great!!! So if you're looking for that perfect little getaway, try the New Harbor View! We're glad we did!! Craig & Linda

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda M

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
charlton
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have been staying at New Harbor view cottages for the last 6 yrs, sometimes twice a year. It is clean, private and peaceful. Cottage 12 is our favorite with 2 comfy bedrooms and a private screened in porch, to star gaze or have an early morning coffee and breakfast. It is close to the beach (less than a mile), and within walking distance to several excellent restaurants. With a clean and safe pool for the family. Pet friendly, so we can take our beloved Sammy with us. Beach motels and hotels are usually moldy and worn...at New Harbor View it is clean with fresh towels, clean sheets, comfortable beds and couch. We consider it the "Jewel of Wells". All the amenities and comforts of home. Deb and Adam Ford are great hosts and see that the cottages are kept in tip top shape. In our younger years, we have stayed at many different places in Wells, Old Orchard and York. We never found a place that we liked enough to return to until we found New Harbor View. I hope if you are planning a trip to Wells you will book your time at New Harbor View...you will not be disappointed!
The Samuels

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Edward, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I just returned from our Wells, Maine vacation. My husband and I have visited the Wells area for many years but this is the first time we stayed at New Harbor View. We stayed in cabin 12 which was very roomy (two bedrooms) and has a big screened porch. My son and his family of four were in cabin 8 which was also very nice. They had plenty of room for the whole family including their bernese mt. dog!. The cottages were nice and clean and had all amenities that any vacationer would need. The vacuum was especially helpful what with many trips to the beach and the inevitable sand brought back with you. The grandchildren loved the pool and we now have the memory of two of them learning to swim while in Maine. My husband particularly loved that anything he needed was within walking distance - including the beach! The complex was nice and quiet even though it is located on Route 1 (main route), and many of the cabins had pets staying in them. The owners were quick to take care of any problems that arose. We would definitely stay there again! Thanks Deb and Adam for a great week.

Room Tip: both cabins 8 and 12 are very nice two bedroom cottages.
Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stacie B
Barre, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We just returned from our weeks vacation in Maine and truly enjoyed our stay at New Harbor View Cottages. We stayed in Cottage one. there was plenty of room in both bedrooms. We loved that it had a gas stove and gas grill. The place was clean and well ventilated with air conditioning and fans. It was surprisingly quiet considering it is route one. Convinient to the beaches and restaurants. We used the pool quite a bit and found it always clean and warm.
(my grandkids really like the pool). I would stay there again anytime. I think Deb and Adam run a well maintained business and would recommend it to those who are looking for a cottage like experience at the beach. Lana C.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have been staying at NEW HARBOR VIEW COTTAGES Since 2000, Each Year I Have
spent at least 2 weeks in the Summer, sometimes an additional week in the Fall,or some time In early Spring. You Will not find a place as Comfortable, Peaceful and Well Kept as This "LITTLE PIECE OF HEAVEN" in Wells ME. The owners, Deb and Adam Ford are the Best you will ever find. They are Extremely Kind and most Devoted to their Guest's Needs and Comfort during their Vacation stays. It is also a Big Plus that you can bring your Pets along. My 2 cats have always spent their vacation there with Me,and were able to enjoy the fresh air from the comfort
of the screened in porches (while lounging in their cat "playpen"). There is so much nearby, Nice Restaurants, Movie Theater, Miniature Golf, a big Hannaford's grocery store all within, walking distance, and of course Wells Beach, just a mile from the Cottages. You can also take theTrolley Ride and go for a Tour around Wells, and Ogunquit.
I Can't say enough about Deb and Adam Ford for providing such a Beautiful and welcoming Vacation Spot. Thank You Deb and Adam !! Rita G Waltham,Ma

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Rooms real small, can't walk around the beds, furniture old and need repair.
My Brother fell in one of the chairs and got hurt. went to the office and ask for our money back for we just got there, we could of made a claim on them, but we are not that type of people, and they had a nerve to charge us for the chair, talk about unfair. Like I said we are christian people.
Rent at your own risk.
God Bless

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Joanc1962
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I have stayed at New Harbor View over 3 years, two times at cottage #5, once at cottage #1 and this year at cottage #9. I have found each time the cottages were clean, comfortable, well-maintained and complete in their amenities. The location is excellent..close to the ocean, and fine restaurants. Deb and Adam ford are willing to do what it takes to assure you of an excellent vacation time. I especially a grateful that my dog can accompany me.

Room Tip: Cottage #5 is best for 2 people
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family