“Can't wait to go back next year!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wells
New Harbor View Cottages
Ranked #6 of 18 Specialty Lodging in Wells
Pittsfield, Maine
“Can't wait to go back next year!”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We have stayed at New Harbor View Cottages several times and we love it there. It is centrally located to all amenities, quiet, comfortable and the owners are very friendly and accomondating. The atmosphere is very relaxing and we have enjoyed meeting the other travelers. Our little Boston Terrier loves it there and loves meeting all the other doggies. :O)
I can't wait to get back there next year and hop in the beautiful, relaxing pool, watch the sunrise over the ocean from the screened porch in the morning with my cup of coffee, walk down to the beach early in the morning and sit outside at night under the stars.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SamPittsfield_Maine

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ware, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I grew up coming to Maine every summer with my family, and I wanted to continue the tradition with my children. About 7 years ago we started to coming to New Harbor View in Wells and we have NEVER been disappointed. My kids are 7 and 11 now, and they look forward to returning every year. There are all different size cottages and each (we have stayed in three styles) has a special charm all its own. The past couple of years, we have chosen the largest one and it is out favorite. It has a full kitchen, two bedrooms each with a full size and twin bed. The living room is spacious and there is a HUGE porch off the back. Each cottage is nestled between pine trees and the owners do such a nice job with the landscaping. The cottages have such a "Maine" feel. They are on rt 1, but you feel like you are in the middle of Maine all snuggled in a cozy cabin. We also love that we can bring our dogs, that truly is a bonus! I can't say enough about how much we love New Harbor View!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank beachtraveler246
Westbrook, Maine
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Totally disappointed with the cabin ... old green shades with holes and torn on the bottom; wooden pallet used as a floor for the shower; must use the kitchen sink to brush your teeth as there is no sink in the "bathroom"; no pool towels; waterproof bedding totally unnecessary and quite frankly, I found it insulting. Since we were paying to stay at the cabin, were very surprised at the posted list of cleaning duties (which included vacuuming and taking out the trash). Now I know why there is only one picture showing Cabin No. 5.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank pinkie_11
Burlington,Ma
Reviewed March 14, 2011

My girls (ages 7 and 9) and I returned to New Harbor View Cottages last September and loved it even more than the first time! We stayed in Cottage #1 and enjoyed a comfy, quiet stay super close to the beach! As an added bonus we were able to bring our favorite furry pet because pets are allowed!! They have a beautiful pool, picnic tables and a grill! They also have added a firepit for awesome nightd by the fire! The owners are incredibly helpful and very friendly! Absolutely planning a return trip Summer 2011- WE CAN"T WAIT!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Sasha_Lera
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2011

My wife and I are from Ontario, Canada and have been going to New Harbor View in May and or October for about the last 12 years. There are a cluster of 12 cottages on the property ranging in different sizes. My wife and I have stayed in the majority of them over the years with our 2 Neapolitan Mastiff dogs.

The cottages are clean and air conditioned. All the cottages have a screened in Porch where one can sit in the cooler evening hours and not get eaten by bugs. I believe most if not all now have been renovated, they are comfortable and quaint. For dog permitted rental cottages, they are probably the best we have stayed in within the U.S.A and Canada.

The grounds are spacious with a large green area at the back and walking distance to the Ocean. The cottages are mostly all beneath very large pine trees which help cool the cottages on those very hot summer days. The grass and flower beds are always well manicured.

A pool is situated on the property and is heated now with solar panels for the 2011 season, which we learned of when booking for our 2011 visit.

The cottages are close to all amenities; shopping, terrific restaurants, a movie theater, antique sales, a grocery store and much much more.

The cottages are owned and managed by Deb and Adam Ford they have always been extremely friendly and gracious hosts. We have encountered over the years very, very few minor problems, however when we did and brought it to their attention the problem was looked at immediately and resolved immediately.

Overall I give it two thumbs up, all around excellent place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Phantm49
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I'm not going to get on a soapbox - I am only hopeful that we just hit a bad cottage and the entire complex is not like this but my advice would be to check it out before you check-in and pay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HappyCamper155004
DSFWellsME, Owner at New Harbor View Cottages, responded to this review, March 13, 2011
At New Harbor View Cottages, we pride ourselves on the satisfaction and repeat business year after year from our thousands of guests. So we were very sorry and saddened that these guests were not completely satisfied with their stay and were quite surprised with this review. We spoke to these guests after their arrival and they seemed happy with their cottage and did not voice any dissatisfaction with the accommodations. It was the busiest week of the summer and perhaps the only cottage available at the time they reserved. We have updated our 1 and 2 bedroom cottages with new kitchens and baths, skylights, ceramic tile, etc. However, these guests were staying in our efficiency cottage which is the oldest and smallest of our cottages with fewer amenities and upgrades that our other cottages. That being said, many of our guests that have stayed in our efficiency cottage were quite happy with the accommodations and have returned year after year. Our cottages have the charm of yesteryear with the amenities of today!

We hope these guests will join us another time and give us a chance to wow them with our accommodations in one of our larger cottages.

My husband and I take great pride in New Harbor View and strive for 100% guest satisfaction.

Deb Ford
Watertown, MA
Reviewed August 30, 2010

My family and I recently stayed at New Harbor View Cottages. We have been staying there for the past 4 or 5 summers now. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Wells. It is our favorite vacation of the year. The cottages (we rent 2 of the larger ones) are very comfortable and clean. We are a large group (4 adults and 4 children, plus a dog) but we never feel crowded. The cottages are well equipped with everything we need. The kitchens are spotless, newly renovated, and fully stocked with dishware, cookware, etc.. The bedrooms are spacious and the mattresses brand new and very comfortable. Having a large screened-in porch with a table facing the view of the ocean in the distance is very relaxing. We eat most meals there. I can't say enough about Deb and Adam, the owners. They are very accommodating and respond to all requests, no matter how small. If there is a problem, (there have been very few) they always take care of it immediately. The grounds and the pool are well kept as well. If you are looking for a peaceful, no frills place to stay, New Harbor View is for you. I can't wait to go back next year. We have already re-booked. Thank you Deb and Adam for running such a nice place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family