“Positive review for a weekend stay!”
Review of Village by the Sea

Village by the Sea
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Wells
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Very nice for a weekend Family event. We had several rooms blocked off. Rooms were very spacious and clean. Staff was very friendly and accomodatiing. Very easy access off the Maine turnpike and close to the ocean.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 15, 2014

My wife and I decided to make a "quick" trip to Maine and decided to call The Village By The Sea hotel for a reservation. We have been thinking of doing this for some period of time and I wish that we had done this sooner. We found the accomodations to be very very good. I have stayed at a number of condo/hotels in the past but never did we find one to be as nice and clean and "want to come back" as soon as possible as we did here at The Village By The Sea... The accomdoations, the front office people and the people who do the everyday work were so accomodating and wanting to make sure everything was ok and up to my standards. I truly can't wait for our return visit to maine in the latter part of the Summer or early Fall.. I will return...

Room Tip: We were in a corner suite on the second floor... The view was great !!!
1  Thank Vermonter1965
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This was my fist time to stay here and found it to be excellent. The staff were exceptional and net all needs in a very timely fashion. The condo was very homey. Amenities were excellent and I made use of them all. I am definitely returning. It was like home away from home.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank vacationer1949
Reviewed June 14, 2014

they make it right. I made my reservation via Expedia in January for a May visit. Had my confirmation printed as well as saved in my email, but the hotel didn't have it. The front desk clerk did everything she knew how to find it, but it wasn't in their system. She called a manager who instructed her to get us into a unit for that evening and to let us know that they'd call us after 9:00 the next morning to move us to a different unit for the remainder of our stay. We decided to go out early the next morning, so we stopped by the office to check on our move. The assistant front desk manager told us that we weren't going to be moved, to go ahead and fully unpack and that they would honor our original reservation pricing for that unit. We booked a 1 bed/1 bath/ground floor, but got to enjoy a 2 bed/2 bath/top floor. How great is that????

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank elisse v
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We have spent many weekends at Village by the Sea. The staff are very nice and most helpful. I would highly recommend staying there. The location is wonderful. Some units are nicer than others but we have been happy with most of the units we have stayed in. I now request my favorite units when they are available.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

service friendly and helpful throughout stay
rooms clean, comfortable and roomy, kitchen complete with utensils
location central to coastal routes, restaurants, attractions and beaches
good for antiquing.

Room Tip: rooms on hill have better views rooms available for those who can not do stairs
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had a great long weekend at Village By The Sea! My friend got married in Maine and the reception was held at VBTS. The cocktail hour in the garden near the gazebo was beautiful and the reception space was awesome! Food and drink selection was great. The hotel staff was very friendly and room rates were reasonable. The housekeeping staff was especially nice and excellent at their jobs! My only gripe was our room, unit 11E. This unit was dated and in need of updates to the kitchen, bathrooms and common areas. Bedrooms were comfortable, but in need of heavier curtains: at night, the bedrooms were flooded with light from the parking lots and it was difficult to sleep. This unit has a strange lay-out also. Other units my friends were staying in, however, were beautifully decorated, well-maintained, and updated. The pools at VBTS were nice as was the fitness room. The views of the marsh and coastline were awesome! Would love to stay at VBTS again!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wells
Hampton Inn & Suites Wells-Ogunquit
#3 of 36 in Ogunquit
Ogunquit River Inn
Ogunquit River Inn
#5 of 29 in Wells

Been to Village by the Sea? Share your experiences!