“Good value, large units”
Review of Village by the Sea

Village by the Sea
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Wells
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Good value, large units”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We booked a 2 bedroom unit for the Labor day week-end. Plenty of room for the 2 of us. Large kitchen with a baconly off of the living room. Also had 2 bathrooms. We have stayed here before in many different units and have never been disappointed. Both indoor and outdoor pool. Weather was great our week, Went to the beach everyday. Never had to use the indoor pool, but nice to have in bad weather. We will off course be back again next year. Very good value for the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Essex, Vermont
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Village By The Sea is my favorite place to stay when visiting Wells and Ogunquit! I have been vacationing in Maine with my family since I was a baby, and we stayed at Village By The Sea many times over the years. It was our favorite place to stay because of the suite-style rooms, indoor and outdoor pools, and proximity to the beach and Ogunquit.

Now that I am older, I take my friends to stay here every time we visit Maine, and I plan to take my children someday too! The suites are very clean, with large living and dining rooms as well as bedrooms, and the kitchen is perfect! It is great to have laundry in the suite, and many suites have 2 bathrooms as well.

I would definitely recommend Village By The Sea to anyone visiting the Wells area!

Room Tip: Some of the third floor rooms have a loft, which allows for an extra sleeping space!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Vermont
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We booked a 2 bedroom unit for 4 nights in mid September. These condos are quite large and include kitchens and 2 baths. We had a very large living/diningroom combo. It's my understanding that all condos are idividually owned and furnished. While the outside of the buildings look new, the interiors show some signs of wear, and are a bit outdated. The staff was pleasant, and we will very likely return.

Room Tip: Although there are no elevators, u may want to choose a top floor if possible, in order to get the b...
Sayreville, New Jersey
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The location was excellent! Loved the ocean view and, being on Route 1, found it easy to navigate to all there was to see and experience. Our first night's room was beautiful--2 bedroom condo which was perfect for my husband and I and two teenagers. Separate bathrooms were a definite plus. The pool was chilly, but nice. The grounds were beautiful, all I expect when coming to Maine. Our second night's room was dated, which was a disappointment. It was clean, thought, which made it bearable. We will surely be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 10, 2012

we stayed off season in September. WE booked a 2 bedroom condo. We loved the full kitchen and outside space in the condo.

The pool was nice. There was also a small game room.

The location was very good close to shopping and restaurants.

The staff was very friendly. We were able to check out an hour later which was a big help especially for our 7 year old

There was light maid service each day. All our needs were met.

We can not wait to go back.

We did stay on the third floor so there were some stairs to go up. Ask for a lower floor if stairs are a problem.

The top floor has an uncovered balcony. We enjoyed having breakfast out side in the sunshine BUT if rainy or snowy weather you may want a covered balcony.

Room Tip: top floor rooms have steps to climb.
Marlborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The room was spacious, had 1 1/2 bathrooms, nice furniture and satellite TV. Very cleanly (inside room and outdoor area as well). My wife, child and I had a nice 2-night stay there. Indoor heated pool was a little chilly; I put in a suggestion for them to fix it. Otherwise everything else was great.

Bronx, New York, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Excellent location if one would want to commute to the beaches of southern Maine. The resort was impeccable and the staff tended to my every need promptly and effectively. Very affordable rates for the service provided. Will make Village By The Sea my home away from home whenever I visit Southern Maine.

Room Tip: Get a top floor so you can enjoy the patio in privacy
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family