“Perfect Winter Weekend in Wells”
Review of Grey Gull Inn

Grey Gull Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wells
Grey Gull Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Wells B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
Somerville, MA
Reviewed March 11, 2006

My boyfriend and I went away the weekend before Valentine's Day and were SO pleased with the Grey Gull Inn.

We stayed in the Blue Room--the view was gorgeous (we were lucky enough to see one lovely sunny winter day, and one stormy blizzard day), the room was clean and comfortable with plenty of room, and everyone was so gracious.

They had just recently hired a new head chef for the restaurant, and we really enjoyed our meal there. The food was top notch--we particularly liked the yellowtail tuna w/ ginger risotto and the frozen peanut butter mousse. It could definitely compete with some of the nicer restaurants in Boston (where we're from).

For a very reasonably priced escape (especially during the off season), I HIGHLY suggest the Grey Gull Inn. We'll be back for another midwinter retreat next year!

• Stayed: February 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 11, 2004

My husband, 2 year old daughter and I stayed for 5 days just prior to Labour Day weekend, and had a lovely time. The Grey Gull is very conveniently situated on the water, about a 10 minute walk from the main beach in Wells, and about 5 minutes drive from the beach in Ogunquit. The Inn itself is quiet and nice, although the rooms are a little tired. None-the-less, the service is friendly, and our room was cleaned every day. If you ask for the blue room, the ensuite bathroom is large enough to hold a child's crib, which makes for perfect afternoon naps and a great night's sleep for parents.
Breakfast is continental, and not great. But all in all, the value is good ($140, compared to much more expensive hotels in Ogunquit), and the location is lovely.

• Stayed: August 2004
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 22, 2004

I have been there a few times. The location is terrific and quiet, specially with the room with the window over the sea. The meals were typically Maine type which is a plus. I know it was sold so I cannot comments on the service since I was there.

• Stayed: July 2000