“Highlight”

Wells Reserve at Laudholm
Ranked #3 of 25 things to do in Wells
More attraction details
Owner description: The Wells Reserve at Laudholm is an estuarine research reserve with its headquarters listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The site is open every day from 7 am to sunset, with miles of trails and dozens of educational programs for everyone from K to gray. The Wells Reserve is funded by a member-supported nonprofit, Laudholm Trust, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Visit our website for details on activities and keep in touch through all of our social channels. Find 27 other National Estuarine Research Reserves around the country, from Alaska to Florida, along the Pacific and Atlantic coasts, on the Great Lakes, and even Puerto Rico.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Highlight”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We LOVED our time here -- one of the highlights. Uncrowded, beautiful beaches... spent more than half a day just taking pictures. Wish we would have packed a picnic lunch!

Visited September 2011

Burlington, Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Walking trails! Great beach walk!”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Gorgeous old farm just up from the shore. Easy bike ride from Wells Beach on the Post Rd. wonderful walking trails and fabulous undeveloped beach. I could stay all day here myself.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Andrea M
Toronto, Canada
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Photo Ops Abound”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We've stopped here before and the place is still a rare look into the past. The short drive in alone is wonderful, through peaceful woodland and parking is easy. On this occasion there was an antique show and sale. We had never been in the farm building before and enjoyed the barn as much as the items on display. Nostalgic and informative...a good spot to enjoy a cloudy afternoon.
Children seem to enjoy the place as well. There are walking trails and educational programs.. On my initial visit, I wondered if I had found the setting for a Wyeth painting or the landscape of "Cristina's world" ....the scene was wonderful, beautiful ,peaceful.. We will be back ( This time with the camera ) and fortunately, we can visit any time during the year. This place is a treasure!

Visited June 2011
2 Thank Grace67
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

I am hesitant to write anything about this place because I am afraid more people might visit and I want this place all to myself. The trails are well marked and the information presented is correct and interesting. The walk along the beach to the river mouth wasprobably my favorite.

3 Thank SchruteFarmBeets
Boston
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Free! (Small Parking Requested) -- Great Nature Walk!”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My husband and I located this on our GPS last season. We had never heard of this place after all our visits to the area. One needs to visit their web site for history, background. Last season our walk took us to the beach - breathtaking. It is basically "untouched" --- awesome! This year we were ending our walk and happened upon some folks "releasing" birds. They had "banded" birds early that morning. What an education. One needs to view the web site for all of their activities, education in all areas of evolution of land ---- sea, marsh, forest..... Great on a budget!

Visited May 2011