“The best New England clam chowder EVER!!”

The New England House
Ranked #21 of 76 Restaurants in Wells
Reviewed April 11, 2017

Stopped into this unassuming sports pub to be welcomed with warmth, smiles and fantastic food. Their Clam strips are soft and succulent!! Their New England clam chowder is beautifully balanced and so flavorful. The apple wood scallop salad is also a great taste of New England flavor. Sports on TV, a nice accommodating bar and good times. Kori our waitress was extremely helpful in helping us locate lighthouses and attractions near by. A must stop on your way up or down the coast of Maine.

1  Thank Brenda R

Reviewed March 25, 2017

My husband enjoyed his Shrimp Rio appetizer. I loved my fried whole belly clams. We live in the Midwest so we love eating fresh seafood on the Atlantic coast. I ate as much fried clam bellies as we could when we visited Maine and Boston last summer. You cannot beat fresh seafood caught from the ocean- whether lobster, clams, or fish!

Reviewed March 12, 2017

The first thing we had was the buffalo shrimp app. What we were served was a plate of a pile of the tiniest tiny shrimp probably about 3/4 inch long at the most. The kind you might put into a soup. they were covered in buffalo sauce. You really couldn't tell you were eating a shrimp. My husband got the fishermans platter. He said the whole bellies on it were good as well as the fish. However the same tiny shrimp were fryed and piled on. If you ate one all you tasteis batter. the french fries that came with it were undercooked. I had the fish sandwich and the fish was dry. I wont go back.

3  Thank Ibikemountains
Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

We had 8 in our party and everyone loved their meals.
I love the salad options with shrimp or scallops added on.
The homemade potato chips are to die for.
Give The New England House a try!

Reviewed February 19, 2017

A great sports bar and casual pub The staff was friendly and had great suggestions of what to try We will definitely be back

Been to The New England House? Share your experiences!