“Bed Bugs”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Massachusetts
“Bed Bugs”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Let me start by saying that I have used trip advisor regularly to travel throughout Europe and the United States for about 7 years and have found it to be quite reliable. I took my daughter up to Maine to see some colleges and we stayed over night in Waterville. I didn't know that I had been eaten alive by bed bugs until I had returned home and realized what had happened. I called the hotel and spoke with the General Manager to tell her of my experience. She seemed genuinely concerned and said that they were well trained in this sort of thing and that she was going to look into it. At the end of the conversation she wanted to just say "good-bye", so I asked if she could follow up with me (which surprised me that I even had to ask). She took my number and said I'd hear back within a day. One week (plus) now and I haven't heard back. I'm certain she found my claim to be true and didn't call me back in fear of my making it public. Truly, if she had just called me back, discussed her findings and let me know their course of action, I would have asked her to reimburse me and be done with it. But not hearing back while I am still itching madly makes me angry. I will never stay in a hotel again without lifting the sheets and doing a thorough check for bed bugs. I urge all readers to do the same.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 234!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank mominholland
kspaulding, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear mominholland,

Thank you so much for the time you took to write this review. We always appreciate all feedback. I wanted to let you know that we take any concerns of bed bugs extremely seriously. We had the room inspected by the professionals and the room was found to be clear. Best Western has very rigorous training programs regarding Bed Bugs that our staff must go through. Again, thank you so much for the time you took to write this review.

Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Dover, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We enjoyed our stay very much. We got a great breakfast in the restaurant and we able to eat in the Restaurant and had the best seafood chowder! The staff was very friendly and made us feel right at home!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Emily M, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Hi joyjoy300,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We really appreciate your kind words and positive feedback! We are happy that you got to enjoy our onsite restaurant while you were staying with us! We hope to host you again the next to you are in the Waterville, Maine area.
East Bridgewater, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I frequently stay at this hotel. The staff have always been great. Clean rooms clean beds good meal in restaurant/lounge. Easy on and off I95. Definitely recommend. Just wish they could improve the Wi-Fi signal.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Emily M, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hi Lindsay E.,
Thank you so much for your recent review of our property. We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a complimentary review about us! We are looking into other options to improve our Wi-Fi signal and we appreciate you letting us know of this concern. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the Waterville, Maine area.
boston, ma
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Very nice hotel, Waterville is a wonderful town a few nice hotels enjoyed our stay. My husband and I were in for work stay at BW for about a month it was I nice, clean, comfortable! qwertyuiop[asdfghjkl;zxcvbm,

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi Richard B.,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! We really appreciate your positive feedback and hope that you stay with us again the next time you are in the Waterville, Maine area!
Belchertown, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Good location off the highway. Stayed there before heading off into the forks area for rafting and kayaking. Good place to stay before heading into the woods for a few days. Clean and helpful service. Didn't get to check out the pool or other amenities

• Stayed May 2014
Emily M, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Hi Seantee33.,
Thank you so much for your positive review of our property! We are happy to hear that you found our property and staff to be clean and helpful! I will be sure to send on your comments to the staff because they all strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in the Waterville, Maine area!
Franklin, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Hotel was very clean....If your looking for a good night's sleep, best place to stay ......we will be back again thanks very much to Sylvia... next time we will be staying longer and enjoying the pool and all of the places that are close by under better circumstances..I will definitely recommend to family and friends!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen C
Hi Karen C.,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We greatly appreciate your kind words and positive feedback. We are so happy to hear that you will be returning to stay with us again to enjoy our indoor, heated salt-water pool! We appreciate you recommending us and we are looking forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the Waterville, Maine area!
Franklin, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Hotel was very clean and comfortable. It had all the amenities you could need. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. A special thank you to Sylvia. Will definitely be my choice when I am in Waterville again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Emily M, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Hi Michelle_BD854NZ,
Thank you for taking the time to write such positive review of our property! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff really appreciates your kind words. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the Waterville, Maine area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville
Fireside Inn & Suites
#5 of 9 in Augusta
Hampton Inn Augusta
Hampton Inn Augusta
#1 of 9 in Augusta

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Waterville Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!