“Not worth the rack rate”

Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Waterville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We've stayed at quite a few Best Western Plus hotels and always have a great experience. This was a bit odd. The front desk staff was OK for us, yet they had some issues with another guest and voiced their opinions in front of us. More in the "not my job" approach, but it was pretty rude. Our room was on the other side of the property and offered the normal 2-bed suite. The room was not very clean, at all. For the price, and the "plus" designation, I doubt we'll ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Ours was in the back, with a separate unattended entrance. 2nd floor overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank John B
kspaulding, Manager at Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

John, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I wanted to apologize for the opinions you overheard at the front desk. I assure you that this is not common practice and will be used as a training tool for us to provide better service. I know that the front desk strives to go above and beyond for our guests to make them feel welcome while they are here. I am also sorry that your room didn't meet your expectations. Your feedback has been relayed to housekeeping so the issue can be corrected. I do hope that you will come and try us again when in the area! Again, thank you so much for your feedback. We truly appreciate all comments so that we can improve our product and service. Thank you for your time!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Stayed at the Waterville Grand (Best Western Plus) this past weekend and what a nice surprise to see all the updates and remodeling they have done! Very impressed with this hotel, the new bar and the food at the hotel was very good and a good value! We ate dinner and breakfast there. I was very impressed to see they do NOT use duvets that only get washed a few times a year! The bedding was fresh, the room smelled very clean and I really liked the bathroom vanity and new tiled bathroom floor. We went to the pool/hot tub area this time and that was also clean and well kept. I highly recommend this hotel if you are near Waterville, Maine. This hotel is very easy to access because it is located right off from I-95 We didn't hear any noise from the traffic either.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brenda-Maine
kspaulding, Manager at Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Brenda,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the new Best Western Plus Waterville. As a loyal guest, we appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to having you here again. Our staff takes great pride in providing the best guest experience possible. Every department is just as important as the other and when we work together as a team it shines through to our guests! Again, thank you for your time and thoughts and we will see you soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2012

I look forward to staying here every year, during our churches annual conference in your city. The remodel has made this hotel like new. Great Job!! The staff are so friendly and alaways ready to help. Keep up the good work!!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Entire staff is very friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. This is like a home away from home for me. It is great that there is a restaurant available so I don't have to leave in the morning or evening for meals unless I want.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

My girlfriend and I decided to get a room for Valentine's Day for a little getaway this year. We couldn't have picked a better hotel! From the second you walk into the lobby you can tell the hotel has been recently renovated: new carpet, furniture, everything. The room was no exception, having all the amenities you would expect: a huge flat screen TV, coffee maker, mini-fridge, microwave, all looking no more than a few weeks old, as well as room service from the attached restaurant, which we unfortunately did not try. And the staff were just as refined as the hotel, providing the easiest check-in ever, and giving us great recommendations for a dinner for Valentine's Day when we checked in.

We did use the heated pool, which was fantastic, as well as the huge hot tub that was next to it. The fitness room they had looked like the best I've ever seen in a hotel, with actual FREE WEIGHTS, however we did not use it.

We would definately stay here again, whether it be for another getaway, or if we are in the area on business, or just recommending it to friends relatives traveling.

Oh, and the provided toiletries were from Bath & Body Works, I mean you can't beat that!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I stayed here as a part of a scholarship reading in Waterville. I heard management say that the hotel was recently renovated which made me feel a lot more comfortable as the outside of the property seemed a little old. The hotel definitely did not let me down, it was one of the best Best Western hotels I've stayed at, the staff are friendly and the breakfast is a very nice addition. It is close to the center of all the stores and shopping plazas, which is great if you need to pick up a few things. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice, cost-effective hotel in Waterville!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Have stayed at this Hotel for almost 15 years. I have stayed in many hotels over the last 30 years, none have shown the care and concern for their guests as this one.The latest upgrades are wonderful. The staff from top to bottom offer 1st class service. This hotel is a pleasure to recommend. RandyS

Room Tip: After the recent hotel upgrades, there is not bad room in the place
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Waterville - North
#1 of 6 in Waterville
Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn
Comfort Inn Civic Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta

Been to Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!