“You get what you pay for.”
Review of Inn At Waterville

Inn At Waterville
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Waterville
Portland, Maine
“You get what you pay for.”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Good price, rooms are clean. Decor could use up dating. Bed was comfy. We had a queen bed and the room was small as expected but we barely had room to set up our sons pack 'n play. Breakfast was Ok.. Waffles were yucky but the coffee was good. Did not use the pool but it appeared clean and nice. The hotel is near a local dance club and there was lot of loiterers.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed August 17, 2011

This was the last place with room for the night. It was very overpriced and run downed. Go further or back down the highway. Don't stay here!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank caniumamo

Travelers are raving about these Waterville hotels

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Travellers in the UK will be familiar with the UK version of the Travelodge brand. Basic, Simple, Clean and cheap.

I had expected something similar from this US brand, It was not to be.

The rooms are very dated, bedding has seen better days, it was however clean and the reception desk staff were very nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank plc1976
Indiana
Reviewed May 22, 2011

...even large dogs, but I don't have one. I stayed here because it was the last place in Waterville I could find the weekend of the 14th. My room had been recently refurbished, with fresh paint and new plumbing fixtures. The room was quiet. The bed was old, but not uncomfortable. The Wi-Fi connection was weak and I kept losing the connection. The coffee at the breakfast bar was tolerable, but the only food on offer was two kinds of presweetened cereal, toast and two varieties of supermarket six-pack bagels, with a choice of cream cheese or jelly.
There are better places in Waterville, but the Econo Lodge is clean and recently refurbished (this is still ongoing) and it is cheap. If you don't demand a lot, it is worth considering.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Fleagle
Ellsworth, Maine
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Out of 4 lamps we had 2 plugged in, 3 bulbs (one blown), one not screwed in properly. Broken lampshades. Clock was blinking wrong time upon arrival. Black mold in the 70's blue bathtub. Toilet ran forever after flushing. Cigarette burns in the sheets of a non-smoking room. Movies must be rented from front desk, but keep in mind adult titles are listed below children's movies. Incredible static electricity from the bedding, which can be quite entertaining when making fun of all the faults of the hotel.

There was a coffeemaker in the room and wi-fi worked. 4 of each kind of towel.

And there was a package of duck sauce on our front step.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank tomjonesforever
Holliston,Ma.
Reviewed November 20, 2010

I have stayed here a few times in the past and it was o.k.- seems to have gone deriously downhill and i would suspect a change of ownership or management. The rooms are terrible, cold, worn and stained bedspreads. I had a smoking room which smelled like I was sleeping in an ashtray. I wrote the manager a letter with my complaints and even said I prefered that to posting a negative review on this site but I never even got the courtesy of a reply. I think for the 75 bucks they soaked me, they ought to invest in some air freshener- a gallon goes a long way. Breakfast as a joke so i didn't bother- there were like 3 tables, all full. Went to Burger King next door. I like to stay in Waterville as by the time i get there, I have driven long enough for the day but i must say I will look up the street at the other motels and if they are full I will keep driving before I ever stay here again. Shame on you !!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
5 Thank Holliston_Ma_Mel
Petitcodiac, New Brunswick
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I will begin by saying it was a decent value for the money.
Checking in the lady at the desk was a bit 'absent minded', she asked me four times (not kidding) how many room keys I needed. She said she had a late night the night before. We asked for a quiet room and she said, I can't guarantee that! The room was clean, and it was quite quiet but it wasn't great, very tired. My husband and I didn't feel totally at ease, we did try to check out but the room was prepaid and could not get my money back so we did stay the second night We did not eat their breakfast, not very nutritious!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville
Fireside Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Waterville - North
Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel
Comfort Inn Civic Center
Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn

Been to Inn At Waterville? Share your experiences!