“Oh, should I expect lightbulbs?”
Review of Inn At Waterville

Inn At Waterville
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Waterville
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Out of 4 lamps we had 2 plugged in, 3 bulbs (one blown), one not screwed in properly. Broken lampshades. Clock was blinking wrong time upon arrival. Black mold in the 70's blue bathtub. Toilet ran forever after flushing. Cigarette burns in the sheets of a non-smoking room. Movies must be rented from front desk, but keep in mind adult titles are listed below children's movies. Incredible static electricity from the bedding, which can be quite entertaining when making fun of all the faults of the hotel.

There was a coffeemaker in the room and wi-fi worked. 4 of each kind of towel.

And there was a package of duck sauce on our front step.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank tomjonesforever

Reviewed November 20, 2010

I have stayed here a few times in the past and it was o.k.- seems to have gone deriously downhill and i would suspect a change of ownership or management. The rooms are terrible, cold, worn and stained bedspreads. I had a smoking room which smelled like I was sleeping in an ashtray. I wrote the manager a letter with my complaints and even said I prefered that to posting a negative review on this site but I never even got the courtesy of a reply. I think for the 75 bucks they soaked me, they ought to invest in some air freshener- a gallon goes a long way. Breakfast as a joke so i didn't bother- there were like 3 tables, all full. Went to Burger King next door. I like to stay in Waterville as by the time i get there, I have driven long enough for the day but i must say I will look up the street at the other motels and if they are full I will keep driving before I ever stay here again. Shame on you !!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank Holliston_Ma_Mel
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I will begin by saying it was a decent value for the money.
Checking in the lady at the desk was a bit 'absent minded', she asked me four times (not kidding) how many room keys I needed. She said she had a late night the night before. We asked for a quiet room and she said, I can't guarantee that! The room was clean, and it was quite quiet but it wasn't great, very tired. My husband and I didn't feel totally at ease, we did try to check out but the room was prepaid and could not get my money back so we did stay the second night We did not eat their breakfast, not very nutritious!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2010

The staff was polite and friendly. The heat in our room didn't work and they immediately brought a space heater since we didn't want to change rooms.

We were in the "annex" building which is grey and dreary. Dreadful, depressing hallways and the view is of a saloon. Felt like a military barracks walking in, but the room was nice and clean and newly renovated. Tiny room. Carpeting was clean, old bathroom was spotless and all the vinyl motel furniture was brand new. Freshly painted, only the outdoor window sills were dirty. Bed linens perfectly clean and fresh though not of Hilton/Ritz quality. This is an eek-cono lodge, not a resort. Hope for the best but expect the worst.

I found this place to be okay for a one-night stay and apparently they are fixing it up. The reviews worried me but I survived. There was a clean coffee pot in the room but no hair dryer and no fridge or microwave. Noise from the highway got bothersom early in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2010

if there were a rating of NEGATIVE 5 Stars that is how I would rate this disgusting excuse for a motel. The bedspreads were dirty, seedy, discolored and thrown on the bed. It looked like someone had been laying on them before i came in.

The bathroom had black mold all over the tub area. I'm not talking a little mold, I mean mold between the majority of the tiles around the tub. I really didn't look any further because I was so shocked by the filthy and unhealthy condition of this room.

I felt like I needed a shower after walking in and out of the room. I didn't stay.

When I went to the office and explained I wanted a refund because the room was dirty and moldy, the manager just looked at me, handled the refund and didn't utter a word, not even an apology.

This motel should be shut down due to health code violations!

Horrid, horrid, horrid experience.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank RTReviews
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We reserved at the Econo Lodge because the reviews said it was clean and had a pool, which our children wanted. So after we arrive, we are informed that the pool was closed awhile ago because it needs a new liner. When we tried to get something for this, the clerk told us we could pay $8 each to swim at the Holiday Inn. After we went to our room, which the kids said had mice holes in it, but I couldn't tell, we had no kleenex in out room. So off to the office. Should've had some the clerk said as she led me through the work area to get some. Then the kids noticed that some of the channels on the tv didn't work. Should've the clerk told me in the office as she handed me a list. Then I went for some ice, and, you guessed already, the ice machine wasn't working. Should've the clerk said as she got me some. The air conditioner was loud and kept my oldest son awake all night. Then, breakfast. Not alot of choice, but not bad. Problem is that there were only 3 tables to sit at. We didn't expect the Ritz at thias price, but what a let down.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kdmac1
Reviewed March 19, 2010

1:30 in the morning in the middle of Jan. looking for a room in Waterville ,Maine. The Hampton (looked nice) over $100.00. Budget Host (drove in drove out) The Econo Lodge
$45.00. A very clean freshly painted room, 1 comfortable queen bed, a fair size room with miss matched some what worn/dents/dings(but clean) furniture.A very small bath room with plenty of pressure/hot water.Room was quiet, a small TV plenty of channels (some clear some not) a coffee maker and plenty of lighting. Breakfast: 2 cold cereals,Oj,coffee,tea,some packaged pastries and
make your own WAFFLES. All staff we met were friendly and helpful.
There is also a seasonal out door pool. Keep your expectations reasonable and for a fair price (not sure what the rates are for summer) We got a CLEAN room,an OK breakfast,clean hot shower,and a good nights sleep.
Location just off the highway (quiet) dunkin donuts two buildings away as is some shopping.
This a 1 or 2 night type of place,as is Waterville.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple