“great place to stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lincoln, Maine, United States
“great place to stay”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

we had a great stay and enjoy the whole place. clean rooms with everything u need. has a great resturant and enjoy the outdoor hottub.. would stay again when we are in the area. we have stayed at other hotel in the area but this one is the all around best..

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tammy N
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 15, 2012
Thank you for writing and complimenting our facilities and service. We strive to be the best value in Waterville. Having stayed at other facilities, thank you for affirming that we are a good value.
Although I have not tried it yet, I hear that sitting in the hot tub, getiing out, rolling in the snow and getting back in is invirorating, and leaves your skin pleasantly tingly. I hope you get a chance to try it this winter.

Barry Asalone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
dedham, Maine
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My family and I had an accident on 95N that totalled our truck. We arrived at the hotel at 3 AM with nothing but our clothes on our back. The desk clerk (sorry forgot all names) on New Years Eve Day gave us the storm rate but checked us in thru Sunday because we were checking in so late. After we checked in to a very nice clean room and got some sleep we went to the desk again and the clerk knew we had been in an accident, she offered us deoderant, toothbrushes combs and all the things we did not have and were getting ready to have to buy. The weather Saturday continued to be very bad so we had arrangements for our ride to arrive on Sunday but they were unable to get there until afternoon. I went to speak to desk clerk again on Sunday to ask for late check out. She knew of accident and informed me that my family could stay in our room as long as we needed. It is hard to imagine a company like a hotel, who is in the business to make money, to offer so much in our time of need. New Years Eve is a very busy day for hotels and they never rushed us to leave and they treated us like friends. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling. Fantastic staff!!! Nice rooms and good resturant attached.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Shannon B
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 8, 2012
Considering your ordeal, thank you so much for writing. I was happy to hear that all of you were unhurt.
Mike was the one who checked you in and it was Tricia that you spoke to in the morning. I am pleased that they were able to make you comfortable considering what you just went through.

They say that the actions of the ship reflect the hand on the tiller. We are fortunate to work for a Maine company whose owners and officers treat us like Mike and Tricia treated you. Their example of how to treat people extends to almost everyone in our company.

Again, I am so glad to hear you all are ok.
Thank you again for writing.

Biddeford, Maine, United States
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I got caught in a snowstorm this past Christmas day, 2011, and I was so fortunate to come across the Fireside Inn right as it was getting dark. The roads weren't being plowed or sanded and I was getting very worried, but luckily I made it to the Fireside without any trouble. Mike, the gentleman at the Front Desk, was so friendly and helpful. I got a lovely room on the ground floor that was spotless and very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this to friends and family, or anyone looking for a nice, convenient hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Erin H
Thank you for writing. I am pleased that you found Mike so accommodating and the room clean and comfortable. Thank you for saying that you would recommend us to family and friends. That is a great compliment. If you are traveling through our area again, I hope that you would stay with us.

Milo, Maine
Reviewed December 26, 2011

When i got there they had everything all together for when i checked in.The employees was great and very helpful.Very clean rooms and very friendly workers.I would recommend anyone to stay with them .Went there december 17th 2011 and enjoyed everything there.They had a great selection of breakfast for the whole family.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank roberta p
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
Thank you for writing. I am glad that you found the breakfast to your liking, the rooms clean and the staff very friendly. I hope that you will visit us again.

Eastport, Maine
Reviewed November 24, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Fireside on two separate occasions in Nov. 2011. One night each time. The rooms were clean with a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker, etc. The desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable and the bedding was excellent. There was a small window that opened to allow in fresh air. There is a restaurant (Governor's) attached to the motel which was very good and convenient. While the facility is beginning to show it's age, I would still highly recommend this motel for it's comfort, convenience, and hard working staff.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 40622John
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Thank you for visiting multiple times, and thanks for writing. I'm glad that you liked our facilities and our people. Yes, we are an older facility, but we will keep updating the interior to keep our hotel comfortable and convenient for you and our other guests. Again, thanks. We'll see you soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My room was very spacious and had a nice high ceiling. The flat screen TV was a nice addition to the room also. The bathroom was very clean, neat, with a large mirror and had nice bath and body products!

The breakfast was a continental breakfast...easy to take on the go, to your room, or to sit and eat in the lobby. They had a wide range of food, even for someone gluten free, like myself. For gluten free items they had hard boiled eggs, gluten free cereal, yogurt, fruit, and a wide range of other items for people who don't have food restrictions.

All in all I was very comfortable in my room and the hotel. I would definitely stay at the Fireside in the future and hopefully try out one of their fireplace rooms!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank JennaB725
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Thank you for writing. I agree, the vaulted ceilings add quite a bit of space to the upstairs rooms. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Thank you, too for your comments on gluten-free foods. With more travelers having gluten allergies, we are pleased to provide accommodating food that also tastes good.
I hope that we will see you again soon.

Herzliya, Israel
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed the Fireside Inn in Waterville Maine for one night. Our room was spacious. It had a refrigerator and microwave. The room was clean but had a musty smell. The bathroom looked clean at first sight, and that's why I was surprised and rather upset to find aime short hairs in a corner close to the sink, again everything else was clean. The bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and courteous. There is a complimentary continental breakfast in the morning, and coffee and tea all day long. The building is two stories high, but has no elevator.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank globetrotterista
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thank you for writing, describing your recent visit. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate that you let us know about the couple of hairs that you found, but that you found the room otherwise clean. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness. Rather than pat ourselves on the back about how clean you found your room, we will be working to make sure than another guest doesn't find a hair. Thank you. It is best to see our rooms through our guest's eyes. That way we can make improvements for your and other future guests.

Barry Asalone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville
Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel
Comfort Inn Civic Center
Senator Inn & Spa
Senator Inn & Spa
#5 of 9 in Augusta

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!