TripAdvisor
Waterville
Post
Inbox
Search

“A Colby Family Favorite”

Silver Street Tavern
Ranked #15 of 99 Restaurants in Waterville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2016

This restaurant is a favorite spot for whenever we are visiting our daughter at Colby College in Waterville ME. The staff go out of their way to accommodate any special diet issues. We could not ask for better service nor personalized attention.

My personal favorite items are the fried calamari appetizer, a "lamburgini" (the best ground lamb burger on the planet!!), the southwest avocado burger and the cubano (a roast pork sandwich that is to die for). And, I heartily recommend their sweet potato fries.

The selection of local micro-brews is very good. Toss in a nice selection of wines, a few hard ciders and just about everyone's tastes get covered. The parking is plentiful, free and just across the street.

The choice of Silver Street Tavern is just too easy.

Date of visit: December 2016
Write a reviewReviews (122)

Reviewed November 19, 2016

We went late Monday afternoon. Zack was our waitor. He never let our water glass get empty. He was very friendly. I had the steaktips and they were good. Great portion sizes. Love the vintage atmosphere.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed October 23, 2016

The service is excellent! I had the "wrath of Charlie" drink and it was excellent. I had the wedge salad, which is better than anywhere else I have had it, and the Cajun chicken wings, that were dry seasoned, not just covered in sauce. I chose to have pub food but the menu includes many more nice dinner selections. This tavern has a nice outside patio area as well as a nicely spaced inside with a bar to sit at with large screen tvs to watch sports. Definitely my go-to spot in Waterville.

Reviewed October 18, 2016 via mobile

Very tasty food! I had the Dublin hash and it was delicious. My husband had the cheese steak and he was done so fast! Try the Bloody Mary and you won't be disappointed!!

Date of visit: October 2016
Silver Street T, Manager at Silver Street Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2017

Ern3kel,

Thank you for the kind words, we love our Sunday brunches.
New to Sundays $3 Bloody Marys and Mimosas 11-6!

Reviewed October 12, 2016

Excellent place for Lunch or Dinner. The food is great and the service is outstanding. The owner is in the store and works along side the employees.Impressive !! Totally worth it.