TripAdvisor

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

Our friends mentioned how much they enjoy this tavern's happy hour and food so we stopped in. Glad we did, it was a nice evening sitting out everyone friendly and laughing. They had a nice selection of specialty cocktails, wines, and brews as well as apps and snacks. Lobster Mac and cheese one of the best! The wait staff were all friendly and upbeat. We wish we had restaurants like that in our area. Do try!

Date of visit: September 2016
Silver Street T, General Manager at Silver Street Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2016

Thank you for the kind words! Please come back if you are ever in town again.

Write a reviewReviews (122)

Reviewed August 3, 2016

Family of 4 arrived at 12:30, seated ourselves, as instructed. (2 former restaurant workers and their kids) We have a 3yr old and 1yr old. We chose what looked like a good family place on purpose. Our mistake. Less than half the tables were occupied. Had to approach the kitchen and ask for someone to take our food order. That finally happened at 1pm. Food did show up 45min. after we were seated in a half empty restaurant. Our poor young waitress was busting her hump - not her fault. Actually heard *the other* waitress chastise her for not bringing the bus tray back to the kitchen. Meanwhile we count 6-8 employees setting up expanded patio seating for dinner. Seriously, carrying chairs, moving tables about, even taking new tablecloths out of the bag. When we left there were more employees on the patio than diners. (Pause for effect)
We wolfed the food and waited. And waited. No offer to refill drinks, no pitch for dessert. I considered letting the baby bang a bread knife on my plate, she really wanted too. My wife got up to ask for the check and for the manager. I was already standing up with a baby in my arms, getting ready to leave when "Shorty" (the manager) arrived at the table. She failed to identify herself-at first I thought she was a waitress who just showed up to help, and began explaining that the additional staff was there for the dinner shift. And that only *2* servers were scheduled for lunch. The server who finally bused our table was the one who chastised our server. I recognized her - we saw her walk back and forth a lot - hands empty. We left our waitress 30% and hoped the complaint didn't make the rest or her day too miserable.
Really unacceptable when the manager responds to your complaint by simply stating that, those employees over there, in uniform, setting up tables, aren't working yet, and we had two servers on, so you see, its too bad you had to wait. Management FAIL.

Date of visit: August 2016
Silver Street T, General Manager at Silver Street Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2016

travelingclanof4,

Please except our apologizes for your experience here at Silver Street Tavern the first of August 2016. As the new General Manager, i am taking the time to review all previous reviews and this is definitely something you never want to read. Thank you for taking the time post your experience, we will be using this an education on what is not to happen in the future.

Liz Farley
liz@silverstreettavern.com

Reviewed July 1, 2016

My husband, son and I tried to go there for dinner on Thursday, 6/30/16. We sat for 25 minutes and no one ever came to our table to give us menus. My husband tried to get the attention of one of the staff and he just said "in a minute" and looked slightly exasperated but we never got waited on! However, two other tables got waited on and those customers came in AFTER us!! It was strange. They were very busy but why did others get waited on before us? It just seemed chaotic and mis-managed. We finally just got up and left. I've never experienced anything like that before--I cannot recommend this place.

Date of visit: June 2016
SilverStreetSpirits, General Manager at Silver Street Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

Thank you so much for reaching out and letting us know about your experience! We're so sorry to hear this happened - we strive to make sure all our customers leave Silver Street Tavern happy, and can make no excuses for the service your received, beyond human error.

We would love to make this right and have you leave a happy customer.

My email is andrea@silverstreettavern.com or you can call my
cell phone 207-313-8318.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Andrea

Reviewed May 21, 2016

My wife and I were in Waterville for a conference and went exploring in Downtown Waterville. It was a beautiful warm evening so we had dinner outside in Silver Street's large sidewalk dining area. The food was very good. I had the lamburginni - a lamb burger. It was wonderful - juicy and really tasted like lamb. Service was great and the atmosphere was super.

Date of visit: May 2016

Thank you for the kind words! Please make sure and visit again, if you make it to our area.

Reviewed April 7, 2016

Although this place is open for lunch and dinner, it's more of a 'Happy Hour' and evening kind of place, in my opinion.
It has a more 'active' cliental than the usual dinner crowd.
Their outside seating, weather permitting, is a decent place to sit, when the cliental is behaved.

Date of visit: September 2015

Happy Hour 3 to 6 daily is a popular time! We also offer affordable daily lunch and dinner specials as well as a weekly Sunday brunch. Weekends also offer night life with the addition of our downstairs night club.