“Some of the best Chinese food I have eaten!”

Jin Yuan Chinese Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #24 of 88 Restaurants in Waterville
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Maine
“Some of the best Chinese food I have eaten!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have eaten Chinese food from Maine to Nevada, and the food here rates among the best of them. This is worth the drive if you live in the central Maine area for sure. The service was prompt and the waitress returned many times to see how everything was. We ordered the Scallion Pan Cakes, which were simply delicious. The Hot & Sour soup was the best I have ever had. The Crab Rangoons were creamy and very flavorful and not greasy. The waitress even brought us a free order of Chicken Meatroll. I would not have ordered it, but after trying it, it was another taste treat. My wife ordered the Chicken with Black Bean Sauce which was colorful and delicious. I ordered the House Lo Mein which arrived in a heaping platter. The meats in the dish were so tender they almost melted in your mouth. The food was a taste treat that I haven't experienced in a while.They have an extensive menu, with all the usual Chinese dishes and a few others that sound very interesting There were 3 people in our party and no one left hungry. The portions here are very generous so bring an empty belly.The prices were very reasonable. The place was very clean, even the bathrooms. We could not have asked for better service. The food is remarkable for the prices. This restaurant has become one of my favorite places to go for Chinese food, and I am looking forward to many more visits here to try some of the othe fantastic menu choices. If your in the Waterville area check this one out, you will not regret it.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank cld1022

Maine
“I'll Be Back”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Friends introduced us to Jin Yuan today and I can't stop thanking them. The food is excellent. The service is friendly. I just loved it and can't wait to try it again. We'll even drive the 25 miles again soon.

• Visited January 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A little bit of China in Waterville, Maine”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stopped in for dinner - Trip Advisor ranked it #1 in Waterville - I can see why - food was very good - was not busy when I arrived but soon had more people coming in to eat - had Egg Drop Soup (very good), an Egg Roll (also good) and Pork Chow Mien (very good too) - when back in this area I will stop on again

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank weh386
Winslow, Maine, United States
“My favorite Chinese in Waterville”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The food is delicious, the service is friendly and prompt, and the prices are fantastic. Nice clean atmosphere also.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank KennebecTom
Bonn, Germany
“Really good Chinese in Maine? You betcha.”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Jin Yuan's opened about a year and a half ago and soon afterwards we stopped for dinner. Having traveled extensively in China over the years, I was elated to find a restaurant in Maine where the flavors of China were highlighted and not homogenized for the American palate, as other Chinese restaurants have done in the area. Since then, the quality of food has been maintained and the portion size kept sufficient even for hungry college students. We have found that the Moo Shu Pork is excellent; the saucing of the meat and vegetables is subtle and savory. Similarly, nearly each entree that we've tried has been dealt with a delicate manner. When we brought the family here over the past Christmas holidays and fed 7 people, our son from a big city elsewhere couldn't believe that the total bill with drinks was less than $80. He and his wife often can't get a meal for themselves for that price. And, we had leftovers to bring home. The owner is very personable, and she works hard to keep her restaurant at its peak of performance. Don't miss out on an excellent meal at an exceptional price. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2012