This Hampton Inn location is a great hotel! We stayed here in November 2005 and loved it so we returned again in September 2006.
The hotel is nice clean, modern (5 years old according to the front desk clerk). They have the new Hilton comfortable beds. We checked in late at night, near midnight and we were greeted by a very friendly and helpful front desk clerk with excellent customer service skills.
Upon checking into our room, we found a beautiful (and large) room with 2 queen sized beds. Our room was a smoking room (by request of course) and it smelled nice and fresh, unlike some hotels with the sour cigarette smoky smell. From experience, I've found that usually a "smoking" room means a dirty room and have often requested a non-smoking room on purpose and then just went outside to smoke instead. If you prefer a non-smoking room but all they have left is a smoking one, my spouse who doesn't smoke tells me that he couldn't smell it in the room when we arrived or in the hallways.
The room was very spotlessly clean which is a main priority with me, if we can't stay in a clean hotel while travelling, I'd prefer to sleep in the car! The hotel was also very very quiet which was nice. They do have a hot breakfast in the morning, however, we didn't have time in our schedule for breakfast that day.
Unfortunately, this hotel is a bit pricier than most in this area of the state, however, if you are as fussy as I am with regards to cleanliness of a hotel, it is money well spent.
- Great location right off of the I-95, next to a gas station and there is a Dunkin Donuts nearby also. There is some shopping (department stores such as Kmart and Walmart) only one exit north of here, and if you travel south for approx. 20 miles, you will come to Augusta, Maine which has a fair amount of shopping including a 24hr Walmart, a Kohl's, Michaels, and some restaurants such as The Olive Garden, Friendlys and more.
If you are trying to decide between the Hampton Inn in Bangor or here, this is a much nicer and cleaner choice as we've stayed at both hotels several times in the past. Waterville is one hour south of Bangor on the way to Portland, ME.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn Waterville hotel. From our Waterville, Maine hotel you'll discover a rich history and active outdoor activities throughout the region. Stroll through downtown Waterville, visit the Colby College Museum of Art, or catch a show at the Waterville Opera House. Go boating, fishing, hiking or biking at Belgrade Lakes, or play a round of golf at Belgrade Lakes Golf Course. The shopping and history found in Maine's capital city, Augusta, is only 20 minutes away. Stay in touch with friends, family and the office with free high-speed internet access in all guest rooms and throughout the hotel. Wake up each morning to a complimentary hot breakfast buffet or grab an On the Run Breakfast Bag to eat on the go. Help yourself to tea, coffee or hot chocolate any time of the day or night, and surf the internet for free in the business center. The fitness center and indoor swimming pool offer plenty of opportunities to stay active throughout your stay. With meeting rooms holding up to 50 guests, our Waterville, Maine hotel is ideal for your next business meeting or social event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Waterville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Watervile / Augusta Hotel Waterville
- Waterville Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Waterville Maine