“Excellent & Clean Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Waterville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Waterville
Halifax, Nova Scotia
“Excellent & Clean Hampton Inn”
Reviewed October 12, 2006

This Hampton Inn location is a great hotel! We stayed here in November 2005 and loved it so we returned again in September 2006.

The hotel is nice clean, modern (5 years old according to the front desk clerk). They have the new Hilton comfortable beds. We checked in late at night, near midnight and we were greeted by a very friendly and helpful front desk clerk with excellent customer service skills.

Upon checking into our room, we found a beautiful (and large) room with 2 queen sized beds. Our room was a smoking room (by request of course) and it smelled nice and fresh, unlike some hotels with the sour cigarette smoky smell. From experience, I've found that usually a "smoking" room means a dirty room and have often requested a non-smoking room on purpose and then just went outside to smoke instead. If you prefer a non-smoking room but all they have left is a smoking one, my spouse who doesn't smoke tells me that he couldn't smell it in the room when we arrived or in the hallways.

The room was very spotlessly clean which is a main priority with me, if we can't stay in a clean hotel while travelling, I'd prefer to sleep in the car! The hotel was also very very quiet which was nice. They do have a hot breakfast in the morning, however, we didn't have time in our schedule for breakfast that day.

Unfortunately, this hotel is a bit pricier than most in this area of the state, however, if you are as fussy as I am with regards to cleanliness of a hotel, it is money well spent.

- Great location right off of the I-95, next to a gas station and there is a Dunkin Donuts nearby also. There is some shopping (department stores such as Kmart and Walmart) only one exit north of here, and if you travel south for approx. 20 miles, you will come to Augusta, Maine which has a fair amount of shopping including a 24hr Walmart, a Kohl's, Michaels, and some restaurants such as The Olive Garden, Friendlys and more.

If you are trying to decide between the Hampton Inn in Bangor or here, this is a much nicer and cleaner choice as we've stayed at both hotels several times in the past. Waterville is one hour south of Bangor on the way to Portland, ME.

• Liked — Very clean rooms and friendly front desk service
  • Disliked — They need a business center (for those of us without a laptop!) Front desk says this is on their "to-do" list!
  • Tips/Secrets — Book well ahead of time for the best prices
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank NS_Helper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New Hampshire
Reviewed August 7, 2006

I first stayed here two months ago when I interviewed for a position at Colby College and Colby arranged my accommodations here. I returned on my own this past weekend and plan to do so again. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are spotless, and the staff goes out of its way to assist with any request, from driving directions, to room needs. They have chocolate chip cookies out each afternoon and a boxed breakfast option in lieu of the continental breakfast for those in a hurry in the morning. It's within sight of Exit 127 off I-95 and minutes from downtown Waterville or Colby College.

• Liked — Friendliness of the staff
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank PoblanoJ
Gorham, Maine
Reviewed July 15, 2006

I was working in the area on business and Hilton brands are one of the brands that I am loyal to, so we chose this Hampton Inn for convenience. The property did not disappoint, the room and facilities are par with what we've come to expect from a Hampton Inn. Pluses are the morning breakfast included and the staff was very helpful and friendly. They do have a small pool at the basement level, we walked down and checked it out, and it looked very nice. We followed the advice of a previous poster and tried the Pad Thai Too across the street for dinner and highly recommend it. I wrote a separate review for the restaurant in that section.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank Ms_Dragon
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2006

My son, daughter, and I had a wonderful one-night stay at the Hampton Inn in Waterville, ME. We had a two-room suite complete with a kitchenette. My son played videogames that were available on the hotel TV (extra charge). I hid out in the bedroom and got some work done.

There is a nice, indoor pool and fitness room in the basement. Breakfast is included but we slept in and missed it. Next door is a Dunkin Donut/Baskin Robbins. Cookies were provided in the early evening.

The staff is very friendly. I plan on going back this weekend when I pick up my son from a Colby College Sports camp. The hotel is just a few minutes from Colby and seconds from the Interstate. The WeatherVane seafood restaurant is just down the road.

Two elevators ... nice carpets and furnishings... pretty lobby.

• Stayed July 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 16, 2005

Was able to get a last mintue room through the patience and assistance of the evening desk clerk. Room was spacious, clean with all the necessary amenities (including free wireless internet). Beds had 3 comfortable pillows each.
A car alarm in the parking lot outside my window was activated and after a call to the front desk a hotel staff member was outside in minutes. Breakfast was free (the usual fare) and they had even packed bag breakfasts for those in a hurry. We were given coupons for free desert at a nearby restaurant. (we reccomend Pad Thai 2 across the street).
Every staff member was more than pleasant. My teenage daughter and I give it 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
10 Thank sachuest
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville
Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel
Hampton Inn Augusta
Hampton Inn Augusta
#2 of 9 in Augusta
Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn

Been to Hampton Inn Waterville? Share your experiences!