“Stands out in a locale with limited choices”

Joseph's Fireside Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 87 Restaurants in Waterville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a slightly upscale Steakhouse that also serves a nice variety of Seafood as well as Baby Back Ribs. Our Vegetarian selection is sure to please the most delicate of pallets.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Occasionally there's a need to sift through a lot of TA reviews to find a restaurant to try. At the time we tried this restaurant, a Starubucks (really?) with only 13 reviews was ranked #2 out of 83, and an ice cream place with 23 reviews was ranked #3 out of 83. Joseph's Fireside Steakhouse, with 83 reviews is ranked #7.

We needed a place for dinner and not a Starbucks nor an ice cream place, and decided to give this restaurant a try. It's a couple of miles outside of the town proper, which was fine for us. It was a Monday night, and despite Monday Night Football this restaurant wasn't particularly busy. We were greeted right away by staff, and were seated at one of the high tables near the bar. I don't typically eat meat, but this places seems to focus on meat. We tried the ribeye steak and the sirloin tips; both were really good: done the way we requested, moist, easy to chew, delightfully flavored. Entrees come with two sides. Beer selection more than adequate and features regional selections. Many flatscreens around to watch games. This is a large restaurant and the picture / avatar shown in TA, which is a picture of the bar, does not suggest the restaurant's interior. The only item I didn't like was the house music; they play country music. I knew the place played country music before we went, but despite this genre this is an overall good dinner place.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with Joseph's Steakhouse. I wasn't expecting much more than a local Texas Roadhouse type meal. The decor is typically Mainey, Knotty Pine walls and ceiling. The Petite Filet was cooked to perfection and the squash and onion saute was nice. Beer seletion was wide and varied. National and Craft beers are well represented. My only minor complaint was that the Clam Chowder was too thick, but I am picky about my chowder. Overall a good value, and would visit again.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I ordered the Charbroiled Ribeye and it was so delicious and tender. It was cooked perfectly. My loaded mashed potatoes were good too! The Rolls however are not good at all and they should have honey butter to go with them.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Always a great meal! Great atmosphere and friendly staff. Our favorite restaurant! Heres a tip, either go before 5 or call ahead because any day of the week you can expect a wait after
5:00 PM. Very popular with the locals.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Restaurant on the golf course. Pine wood atmosphere with lots of mounted cow horns and country music playing. They have great steaks and Caesar salads. Service is generally good. Very popular on weekends. One of the places we take visitors from out of town.