“Cozy Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Selah Tea Cafe

Selah Tea Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, Healthy, American, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Locally owned, award winning Selah Tea Cafe located in historic downtown Waterville proudly serves organic coffee, loose leaf tea, and espresso beverages. Our creative food is a must try! Desserts made by the owners, Rachel and Bobby McGee, grandmother, known by locals as Grammie! The difference you can taste and feel - selah.
Fairfield, Maine
“Cozy Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I went to Selah Tea for a meeting with a few colleagues and I found it very comfortable and inviting. We each had a coffee which I must add that it could have been a tad warmer but it tasted very good. We were able to talk without feeling like we were interrupting anyone else in the cafe. One thing that did stand out to us, though was the length of time that the kitchen person let the timer beep. This happened several times during the approximate hour that we were there and one instance I counted 36 beeps! 36! Who lets a timer beep for that long? It was a bit annoying. Overall we enjoyed the place and I'd definitely go back and try some of the other menu items. Pumpkin latte sound delish!

Visited October 2012

Central Maine
“They were busy, but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

they should have planned for the rush they had that day. Making people wait an hour for lunch is inexcusable.

Visited December 2011
Saint Sauveur des Monts, Canada
“yummy food, comfortable atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stopped in on a rainy Thursday night after arriving in town and enjoyed a thick, well spiced sweet potato soup, a lovely quiche and a luscious chocolate cupcake. Everything was yummy and the atmosphere casual, modern and relaxed.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank jtmh89
Mount Sinai, New York
“Great tea! Good vibrations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

After my first visit to this wonderful establishment some six months ago, I was so very excited to come back! The place is owned by very nice young couple, and the wait staff is most-kind and friendly. This time around, I had sencha Japanese green tea and a slice of vegan chocolate cake topped with whipped cream; heavenly bliss! For take-home, I bought a bag each of Japanese green tea leaves, Chinese white tea leaves, and ground Ecuadorian cocoa beans; can't wait to try 'em! If you're looking for a calm, relaxing, positive and uplifting tea, coffee, and homemade pastry experience, this just might be your special kind of place!

Bel Air, Maryland
“Enjoyable Lunch Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I stopped into the café on Tuesday afternoon to have lunch. I really wanted a salad from Whole Foods; however the nearest one was back in Portland and I was headed north to Bangor. This is located in the town of Waterville which made it a nice little afternoon stop. I was easily able to find parking less than a block from the café. It is a rather large restaurant that they tried to make feel more like a café by adding a few couches and comfortable seats with tables to the rear of the restaurant. The atmosphere was quite relaxing, as I did not feel rushed to eat and run.

It is similar to a Panera Bread; you walk up to the counter, order, and they will bring the food to your table once it is ready. There are a large number of teas on the menu, categorized by how caffeinated they are. I thought this was neat. The menu had a variety of interesting salads, sandwiches, and flat breads. The soup of the day was squash bisque or curried chicken noodle. Many of the many items were “curried.” I was hoping to have a bowl of soup with my salad; however, both soup options had a good amount of cream in them. I would have enjoyed a lower calorie, lower fat soup option on the menu. I ordered a curried chicken salad and was very pleased with my choice. It had a healthy serving of chicken salad on top of greens that included raisins, apples, and just the right amount of walnuts. I was quite full when I finished my salad and pleased with my lunch. For $11, I had a nice salad and a large iced Americano. If business ever brings me back to Waterville, I would definitely stop back into the Selah Tea Café. I would probably opt for a cup of tea over a coffee.

Check them out on the web at www.selahteacafe.com or on Facebook at facebook.com/selahteacafe

Visited March 2012