See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 22, 2008

Aboslutely charming place to stay. Very quiet and peaceful. VERY historical feeling. The place has an emotions all of it's own. The grounds are very cozy. We stayed in the L-shaped room upstairs with the loft. I beleive this room is haunted as something patted my pillow right before I went to sleep. Jan later admitted to us that other people had experienced similiar things. I even captured the ghost on camera. Overall it was a wonderful, relaxing, amazing experience and I would reccomend it at any time of year!!!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 23, 2008

My wife and I discovered Blue Skye Farm in July, 2001, just a few months after they opened. We had inadvertently arrived a day early for a two-week rental (it was a Sunday to Sunday rental instead of Saturday to Saturday) down the road on Friendship Harbor, and our landlady graciously got on the phone and found us a night’s lodging there. What a find! We’ve been arriving a day early for our annual Maine vacations ever since, and spending 3-4 additional long weekends per year at BSF in all seasons besides. We keep going back because of the breathtaking, quiet beauty of the setting, the character of the 200+ year old house, the attention to detail, the outrageously delicious breakfasts, and the wickedly funny owners, Jan and Peter, who are there when you need them, yet possess a refined intuition about when you don’t.
One of our favorite Maine pastimes has become sitting in BSF’s living room with a stack of books and a spirited blaze in the fireplace when it’s cold, or cross breezes through the open windows when it’s hot. The quiet of the place is guaranteed by the blissful absence of TV and air-conditioning, although the owners recently deferred to the 21st century by installing wireless internet. The house’s location on Friendship Road, connecting the town of Waldoboro (pop 4916) and the bucolic fishing village of Friendship, means that during the 8:15-8:45 a.m. weekday rush hour, traffic intensifies to one car or pickup truck every 7 minutes.
The fact that Jan and Peter live in a separate house some 10 yards behind the main house, affords us the use of the kitchen for lunch or supper. We often bring ingredients from home or pick up take-out when we’re in the mood for an intimate, homey atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 19, 2006

Set on a country road not far from the coast, this bed & breakfast is one of the best my husband and I have experienced. I believe it was built around the Revolutionary War, and it feels as though you are surrounded by history. We arrived late in the evening, and although the owners were not there to meet us (they live in a cottage behind the house), they left us a note directing us to our room up the stairs. We climbed the winding staircase and entered the Upper North room, the floorboards creaking beneath our feet. Decorated in old New England style, it had a beautiful four-poster bed with very comfy linens. There was no television, but we had a fireplace in our room. It was a chilly night, so we lit a fire (all the materials are there for you), and I curled up in bed with a book from the shelf.

Our private bath was just outside the room (through a separate door and across an old servant's closet). We awoke the next morning to find lovely views across the marshes from all four of our windows. (I could still smell the embers from the fire!) Jan (our hostess) was downstairs waiting for us and cooked us some of the best pancakes I've ever tasted with maple syrup. The coffee and juice were wonderful, too. After breakfast, we hiked around the extensive grounds, looking for wildlife and taking pictures of the fall colors.

I truly loved this B&B experience, and we hope to return the next time we are in Maine.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HeatherHC
Reviewed September 23, 2006

Blue Skye is an historic 6 bedroom farmhouse with period features and furniture and is perfect for a quiet/romantic trip to the country. Its set in its own grounds with plenty of wildlife.

The owners are excellent, serving up a great breakfast every day, and with lots of tips on local places to visit. As a guest you get use of all the communal living areas and kitchen. No TV (a rare and good thing!) but lots of books and games - this place would be perfect for a small group.

We really enjoyed our stay and will definetely go back.

• Stayed: September 2006