“best milkshakes”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 11, 2014

It is kind of hard to mess up a milkshake but I have been to places where it has been done...not here though! The milkshakes are thick and flavorful ( I always get chocolate so can't speak for the other flavors ). I usually don't wait long for a seat and the service has always been good. The food is pretty basic diner food and I have no reason to complain.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

A Maine classic that tourists flock to but still worth going to! You may have a long wait for a table but your food will come quickly! It's all excellent especially the biscuits, mac n cheese, and whoopie pies! Whole building is rather dated but that's part of the charm.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stopped in to Moody's at 9pm on a Saturday night and it was busy. They close at 10, but you can order omelets after 9. So I did, I wish I didn't. The cheese they use is sliced American (white) which basically melted into a gooey milky mess. It was nasty, the side of home fries is a joke, you get about 12 pieces total and they were bland. The best part of my meal was the wheat toast and glass of milk.
My brother ordered a turkey club with fries and a side of onion rings. He enjoyed his meal except for the onion rings which we sent back, because they were hard as rocks.
I've eaten at Moody's in the past, I've come to the realization that it's over hyped and priced for the food. All of my experiences their have been no better then ok.

1  Thank EFW2014
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I have been visiting this area for over 21 years. There has never been a time that I have walked into Moody's Diner in spring summer and didn't have to wait in line. Even after they expand years ago. Why? Good question. I am not sure I know the answer for sure. The only reason I see is: Basic, decent, not pretencious food, at a good price. I see no other reason.

1  Thank Francesco I
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I remember visiting here with my folks as a boy on the way to visit grandma. The building is close to what it was and the biscuits were thick, moist and delicious. Those would have served the lumberjacks of the great Maine woods well! My son said the Spaghetti and Meatballs were better than Bertucci's so take that!