“Good Diner Experience”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I have eaten at Moody's two years in a row now on our way to visit Acadia National Park. The experience is one of an authentic diner. Old fashioned diner atmosphere, somewhat rundown, good food, good service, nice people. My husband had a sandwich both visits, I had breakfast for lunch the first visit and a lobster roll the second visit. All of the food was good. Unfortunately, for us, the portions were too generous to leave room for the famous pie. We'll need to go back again and try to leave room for dessert. I would definitely recommend Moody's.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

wife had turkey dinner not that good , I ha the fried tripe it was great . the pie for desert was also great so I give them a 75 out of 100 . the service was fast and friendly . I go back but will have to drag my wife .

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I'd never have stopped at Moody's while driving norh to Acadia park, hadn't a cousin told me to. He said "stop there and taste their pies, then you tell me..."

Never an advice was more appreciated! I don't really know about all the other stuff, but pies... are just extraordinary, especially the 4-berries one they do and seem to be famous for.

After having eaten some slices "on site", we asked if it was possible to take away, and we got a big frozen pie, which was a great gift!

Service was friendly (maybe we were the first Italian people stopping by!) - a must-stop place!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

What horrible food. They are trying to exist on their past reputation. The seafood platter contains low quality grocery store frozen fish sticks along with dried up battered tiny shrimp and clams that are all batter. The mashed potatoes are made from powdered instant mix. The corn is a low quality canned corn. The baked stuffed Haddock was microwaved mushy, sour smelling uneditible garbage. The onion rings were dried up. Even the slices of pie we tried were terrible. This was a $47.00 mistake. Never again. There are too many good restaurants along U.S. 1. Actually the Burger King is a much better choice.

3  Thank Krieger H
Reviewed September 12, 2013

On our way north we stopped for blueberry pie and coffee - what else? We sat at the counter and had delicious blueberry pie with flakey crust - to die for. A fun, delicious stop!

1  Thank Nancy N