“Nice, Hidden Foodie Haven”
Review of Morse's Sauerkraut

Morse's Sauerkraut
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Waldoboro
Cuisines: European
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My family and I sadly arrived at this shop after lunch, so did not have a chance to sample the restaurant. But - sample the store, we did! There was an amazing selection of meats, cheeses, jams, condiments, olives, and more! I didn't find anything I didn't like - which only served to overwhelm me in a very nice way! If I was a local, I would certainly be a regular! I loved the homemade pickles and sauerkraut, but also the diversity of products both made in the US, as well as ex-US. The staff was very helpful in talking about the products, and offering suggestions.

As others have said, this is a foodie's gem! Try to arrive for breakfast or lunch - no dinner service!

There are newer reviews for Morse's Sauerkraut

Reviewed August 14, 2014

If you want authentic German food at a great value in a funky little place off the beaten path then this is the place for you! We met two other couples here for lunch and brought our own German beer as it is BYOB! The menu is small but with wonderful selections. We recommend the German Potato Salad, the sauerbraten with a choice of two sauces, any of the sandwich selections and the pickles are a must! Save room for the Black Forest Cake because it is like none you have had before! It is epic!
The wait staff are knowledgable and friendly. The restaurant area small but comfortable enough. The food...amazing and filling! Their is a store attached with all kinds of European goodies,a meat counter,bakery...you cannot leave without filling your basket with canned goods,meats and delicacies you can get no where else in Mid Coast Maine. I highly recommend Morses Sauerkraut.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We always try to make it to Morse's for an authentic German lunch. The wurst are fabulous, the sides are always perfect and authentic (spaetzle, dumplings, in-house made sauerkraut that we always take-out) and the servers are always pleasant. Be aware that the restaurant only has a few tables and, after 11:30 AM, there can be a long wait, so go early! Morse's also has a wonderful retail store with almost every kind of cured meat, cheese, specialty bread, condiments, etc. - a genuine gourmet food shop. Worth the drive up rt. 220 for a great meal!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is a wonderful little restaurant and store for German food. It is known for it's hand made Sauerkraut but has many other items as well. The restaurant is small and cozy and has some wonderful German selections to choose from. The food was excellent and authentic, and the service was pleasant and attentive. The store itself is a wonder and I have never seen so many cheese selections other than in the cities. It is off the main roads, but it is worth the trip if you are in the area. A must see for sure. I will be returning.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is a very small restaurant attached to a store selling German and other food products. One stops here for the sausages and the "hauls kraut.". Open for breakfast (which I haven't tried) and lunch only. Portions are generous and the food seems authentically German.