The Inn at Lathones
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Kilconquhar Castle Estate(Kilconquhar)(Great Value!)
$157
Kinnettles Hotel(St. Andrews)
$197
$174
  • Breakfast included
Greyfriars Inn(St. Andrews)(Great Value!)
$154
  • Restaurant
$430
$319
Albany Hotel(St. Andrews)(Great Value!)
$196
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
$219
$156
Hotel Du Vin(St. Andrews)
$214
$192
Travelocity
All reviewsjacuzzi bathfresh milkst andrewsdecked areawood burning stovedeluxe roompatio doorsmain buildinglarge bathroomstayed here for one nighteggs benedictgreat weekendovernight staytea and coffeelovely roomfirst classshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 6, 2014

If I hadn't had a booking I would have driven past without a second glance. That would have been a big mistake. The unassuming exterior from the roadside is very misleading. The staff are first class, the room has the most comfortable hotel bed ever, and the food is great at both breakfast and dinner. Staff made sure all or needs are met (we're still here as I write), and are friendly and welcoming. With a last minute booking and without high expectations, we've landed in clover this time. Will definitely be back

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed here recently overnight. we were greeted by the Ast Manager, very nice, excellent service, so far so good. We were shown to the room by the manager, again very impressed with our room, great views, large bathroom and very clean, if I was to be picky, there was a hole in the duvet cover and the sheet, but the beds were very comfortable and clean. Could have done with a larger TV.

So we were looking forward to dinner, as so far all very good. .Nice lounge area with log fire.
So to the down side. We ordered a steak and chicken. My husband had to take out a lump of steak out of his mouth as it was impossible to chew. My chicken was very dry. We mentioned this to the Ast. Manager, his attitude totally changed. I told him that I would discuss this later as I did not want any other customers overhearing. he took the food away and came back stating abruptly that the chef wanted to know now what was wrong.
The manager then came across and asked what we wanted him to do about this, I thought this was a no brainer myself. He asked if we wanted our drinks take off our bill. We refused this as I said that we had enjoyed the drinks and were willing to pay for them. he then left. the next day he was not available and I noted that we had been charged for the meals the assistant manager came into the reception and promptly turned away.
I had no alternative but to pay the bill and leave a message for the manager. I was informed he would phone the next day, NO PHONE CALL. I phoned back and again I was told the same thing, I even left my e-mail, 5 days later and further phone calls NOTHING. Very poor customer service, I would not return

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Royalnavy
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We have just returned from the Inn at Lathones overnight Valentines dinner package. The room in the coachman's building was lovely with a huge shower room. The Valentines dinner was a great success. The reception and dining room staff were friendly and attentive .The seven course dinner was delicious and we were not rushed once throughout the whole evening. The Inn is a bit far out from St Andrews. A wee mini bus would make it more appealing for getting in and out to town for guests.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Having been here before for afternoon tea and it being one of the best around, my friend and I decided to book up for an afternoon tea birthday treat. Never again!!! Unless I am living on another planet, afternoon tea generally comes with a small selection of sandwich fingers, scones, and a selection of little cakes - be it cream meringue, macaroons, shortbread, etc. Not here!! We had to order A sandwich which came before the cakes......then arrived our "treats"! On the plate were 2 scones (which I must admit were lovely), 2 slices of carrot cake (with no frosting), an almond sponge (which was tasteless), 2 slices of date loaf and a couple of bits of shortbread. NOT what we expected having been here previously for the same thing!!! To say we were disappointed is an understatement! The staff were friendly, however a bit TOO attentive as our waitress kept interrupting our conversation - but better that than shoddy service nonetheless! However, after this experience, I will most certainly not be back again I'm afraid as it is definitely not the place it used to be.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 588mumee
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Had a lovely weekend stay at the Inn recently and must admit, it is the staff that make this place :)) everyone was friendly and very helpful!
I was taken unwell just before I arrived, but everyone at the Inn did their very best to make sure I was comfortable. Which I was :) My room was spacious, clean and private...and the food being served in the restaurant looked wonderful, albeit my stomach was having none of it! haha.

Overall, I would stay here again absolutely! Big thanks to all at The Inn at Lathones! :)x

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple