“Worth the trip”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Lincolnville, Maine
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

It's kind of a hike from our place out to Union, but we never regret the trip. We generally go to The Badger for breakfast on Sunday because we enjoy the food and the waitstaff, both good and lots of fun. Most recently my wife had the Dirty Breakfast Burrito (generously stuffed with scrambled eggs, bacon and avocado slices and topped by a spicy sauce) and I had The Taco of Love (scrambled egg and sausage rolled in a pancake)-- both more than yummy. There are standard items of fare on the menu and whimsical things as well. The same can be said of the bar-- who else offers the Appleton Ridge Mimosa (PBR and orange juice)?......

Mount Vernon, Maine
“Fresh, Local Food in an Informal, Pleasant Setting”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stopped at the Badger Cafe and Pub coming back from a trade show in Rockport. There were not a lot of options along Highway 17, so we turned off in Union to see what we could find. What a nice surprise! This cafe is all about fresh ingredients that are locally sourced. The cooking is light and healthy. I had the Thai spring rolls for an appetizer: Very good. My business colleague had the Badger Wings: Also a hit. Neither of us was brave enough to have the Scotch Egg, but wished we had after watching another table enthuse over it. My main course was the Portabella Mushroom Sandwich with Creole Spice and Aioli: Excellent. My colleague's Chorizo Ranchero Pasta got a thumbs up. Prices are reasonable. And there are supposedly 50+ beers on tap and in bottles. Worth getting off the highway when you are in this neck of the woods.

• Visited June 2013
USA
“Great breakfast in a small town”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Visited Union to go to an antiques show. Had breakfast at the Badger.I had hash and eggs, my wife blueberry pancakes. She rated the pancakes highly. I enjoyed the hash. We looked at the dinner menu which looked pretty good as well. 8 or 10 craft beers on tap. Happy hour 4:00 to 6:00 PM.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Solid fare, good beer, unexpected location”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We spend a week in Union, Maine every summer and this is our go-to place for Sunday breakfast. Union feels like the middle of nowhere, so I think it's amazing to have a dependable place to have a relaxing family meal. Everything is homemade or sourced locally. They are very accommodating and I might have even caught the cook run over to the nearby grocery store to grab an ingredient he was missing. My daughter wanted a chocolate chip pancake which was not on the menu, but they made it happen for her. This year we stopped in for Friday night dinner as well and weren't disappointed. Salad, quiche, burger, sweet potato fries, beer...all very solid. The place was almost full at 6pm. Very kid-friendly too!

Dallas, Texas
“very nice spot in an out-of-the-way place”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Found this place with a Yelp search. Cozy restaurant with a homey feel. Owners are cook and waitress. Small bar with a nice selection of local and European beers. They accommodated our party of nine nicely. Many of the selections came with homemade bread. All meals were very good. The kids enjoyed their grilled cheese sandwiches and the adults liked the various soups, salads, and sandwiches. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013