All reviews breakfast was delicious yvonne homestay robins tom cozy
Reviewed October 17, 2016

My stay exceeded my expectations and I will be back with my entire family!
The customer service, amenities, and setting was amazing! I highly recommend this beautiful place with very gracious hospitality. When you stay here you will want for nothing and have a over all feeling of well being. This place is all I ever dreamed about for a authentic Maine experience. Thank you for everything!

Room tip: All the rooms are unique and special. Regardless of the choice you will be completely happy and feel spoiled.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2016

My stay was fantastic. Yvonne was the greastest. Breakfast on the deck was awesome. Fried eggs were just perfect. very good coffee. Quiet surroundings. Overlooking the lake.
I had stayed for 8 straight years when this was the Rowan Tree Farm B&B. The great hospitality continues on.
I will definitely return next year on my trip to Maine

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Ypitzi, Owner at David Robbins Homestead, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2016

Thank you, Michael. So pleased to have hosted you for your 9th year! Come back soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2015

Six of us traveled to Union to attend a family wedding. Laura and Roger warmly greeted us, showed us to our charming rooms with private bath. Important points: charming setting with historical significance, impeccable and comfortable rooms, breakfast just perfect with home baked items, fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt and honey from Laura's bees. Beyond the specifics of the accommodations, was the friendly and helpful attitude of our hosts, even providing umbrellas, a coat on a chilly July nite and a general concern for a successful visit to the area. The ultimate gesture, since visiting from Guam and Hawaii, we were even given permission to experience a fire in the living room fireplace. I would jump to return!

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here for three nights. This very old (1786) house was immaculately clean and
has been wonderfully equipped with all modern conveniences without losing its charm.There's even free wi-fi! The setting is magnificent and the cost was very reasonable. Breakfast (serve yourself) included home-made baked goods.

Room tip: My daughter and I had the master suite - it was very large and comfortable.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank IMLY
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I have stayed at a few B&Bs this year and I loved the experience. Cozy, comfortable, great food. But sometimes I just want to enjoy my room, short distance to local attractions, and quaint atmosphere alone or with my significant other. So I loved Rowan Tree Farm. I stayed there with 3 of my girlfriends, and we were not pressured to join the proprietors for dinner or mandatory quality time. We ended up meeting all of Rowan's farm animals (and watching their adorable goats chase after crab apples), but we weren't forced into long breakfasts. We came and went as we pleased, but were given all the amenities and courtesy of a true B&B stay.

This is also the only B&B in town, so there's not much by way of competition! The breakfast was delicious because the eggs came right from the chickens in the front yard coop, and we got a chance to play fetch with their massive black Lab, Bo.

My one gripe: no toiletries in the bathroom was a surprise!

Date of stay: September 2011