All reviews breakfast was delicious yvonne homestay robins tom cozy
Reviewed September 8, 2016

My stay was fantastic. Yvonne was the greastest. Breakfast on the deck was awesome. Fried eggs were just perfect. very good coffee. Quiet surroundings. Overlooking the lake.
I had stayed for 8 straight years when this was the Rowan Tree Farm B&B. The great hospitality continues on.
I will definitely return next year on my trip to Maine

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Ypitzi, Owner at David Robbins Homestead, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2016

Thank you, Michael. So pleased to have hosted you for your 9th year! Come back soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2015

Six of us traveled to Union to attend a family wedding. Laura and Roger warmly greeted us, showed us to our charming rooms with private bath. Important points: charming setting with historical significance, impeccable and comfortable rooms, breakfast just perfect with home baked items, fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt and honey from Laura's bees. Beyond the specifics of the accommodations, was the friendly and helpful attitude of our hosts, even providing umbrellas, a coat on a chilly July nite and a general concern for a successful visit to the area. The ultimate gesture, since visiting from Guam and Hawaii, we were even given permission to experience a fire in the living room fireplace. I would jump to return!

Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here for three nights. This very old (1786) house was immaculately clean and
has been wonderfully equipped with all modern conveniences without losing its charm.There's even free wi-fi! The setting is magnificent and the cost was very reasonable. Breakfast (serve yourself) included home-made baked goods.

Room tip: My daughter and I had the master suite - it was very large and comfortable.
Date of stay: August 2012
6  Thank IMLY
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I have stayed at a few B&Bs this year and I loved the experience. Cozy, comfortable, great food. But sometimes I just want to enjoy my room, short distance to local attractions, and quaint atmosphere alone or with my significant other. So I loved Rowan Tree Farm. I stayed there with 3 of my girlfriends, and we were not pressured to join the proprietors for dinner or mandatory quality time. We ended up meeting all of Rowan's farm animals (and watching their adorable goats chase after crab apples), but we weren't forced into long breakfasts. We came and went as we pleased, but were given all the amenities and courtesy of a true B&B stay.

This is also the only B&B in town, so there's not much by way of competition! The breakfast was delicious because the eggs came right from the chickens in the front yard coop, and we got a chance to play fetch with their massive black Lab, Bo.

My one gripe: no toiletries in the bathroom was a surprise!

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank Bernie21NYC
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Wonderful place, we stayed here while we were attending a memorial service in Camden. Our 10-year-old helped to feed the chickens while I had coffee out on the deck and watched the sheep. the room that my husband and I shared had a large whirlpool tub and shower in the bathroom, our teenage son was happy to read on the deck and eat cereal while the parents had coffee and breakfast in the kitchen. the room that the boys shared had two beds and their own private bathroom. there is a large and very cheery Labrador to play with. The place is lovely and very clean. We arrived quite late because of storms and traffic but were welcomed and quickly helped to our rooms and welcome beds. This is a relaxed friendly place that I hope to stay in again soon.

Date of stay: October 2010