“Meaty Lobster”

Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Restaurant Closed for 2017 -Reopening Father's Day weekend, 2018 Retail Pickup and Ordering 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday - Saturday call for hours
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I see the reviews and decide a good meal in this resturant. Price is reasonable. First, you need to pick lobster and get an order sheet.

This is a self service resturant. During the order, the cashier misread my underline of a soup item (You need to put a number before an item for how many you need to order), she ordered it for me. I found the problem in the recept and she refunded me before the item was brought out.

Lobsters are meaty (2.5lb each) and I enjoyed the meal very much.

2  Thank hihiyan

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Having read the glowing reviews on TA, my daughter and I decided to have our first 'lobster experience' here. I ordered a lobster sandwich, and my daughter order the lobster 'stew'. To begin with the positives, the staff was friendly and efficient. There was a line when we walked up, but it was no more than 10 minutes before we had ordered, our number had been called, and the food was in front of us. The lobster sandwich was great: ample, nicely presented, and with plenty of lobster chunks to satisfy the appetite and longing for lobster. Additionally, there is both a clean restroom as well as a separate sink where customers can clean their hands -- there was no wait while we were there. My daughter's 'stew', however, was quite disappointing. Perhaps this is some sort of regional difference in interpretation, but our vision of 'stew' is something on the thicker side which is full of hearty ingredients. The lobster 'stew' she was given was a thin broth with perhaps 4-6 SMALL pieces of lobster in it - - - that was all. She wanted a warm lobster meal, but didn't feel like exerting the effort to eat a whole lobster and, suffice it to say, was very, very disappointed. It is our hope, for the sake of this lobster pound, that perhaps her bowlful was an exception; however, given that we only had 3 other evenings to eat out, we did not return here. Perhaps in another few years . . .

1  Thank worldexplorer0820
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Had no idea what to expect when we got to this lobster pound. parking was difficult, but we like to go where there are lots of people since that is usually an indication that the good food draws people. We walked in to find a line to the cash register and one that said if buying a lobster stand here. so we did. Small lobsters were a different price per pound than the big ones (over 2lbs). I wanted to get the steamers they offered too so the lobster man suggested that we share a large lobster. We got a 3lb lobster, my steamers and a bowl of the chowder. They asked if we wanted to eat the soup and steamers first or get all together. We went outside to wait because seating was limited but we did not feel that we should take a spot before it was needed. They cook the food outside in big pots that are wood fueled. The 2 men tending the seafood were very pleasant and knew just how to keep everything under control, The lobster was in a bag with the number we had been given, and even the lobster had the number written on it so there was no questioning it was ours. When they call our number we sat under a tent to eat our fair. since the seating was limited as I said earlier another couple was looking for a seat and we shared our table that could easily have managed 8 people. We had a lovely time talking to them and found out that they lived in Maine and came here to get their lobster and clams. To me that was the icing on the cake that out of all the places to choose from this was where they come each time they are in Bar Harbor. My clams were so sweet I hated when they were gone. The chowder was good and the lobster, well it was soooo very good. tender and sweet. I was very happy we chose to go here. Others have said that they paid for butter but I just had one to dip my clams in and they did not charge for that. I will definitely make this a stop if we head that way again. I think the cost was no worse or better than other places we had eaten during the week, two drinks, chowder, clams and a lobster were $63.

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Since there are many choices I went by the reviews and this lobster pound seemed like the best and it was!! Got 2 huge 3 pound lobsters and they were amazing!! Price is fair and good was great!! Highly recommend trying!

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Our first night in Acadia was celebrated with a lobster, steamers and sides at this busy, yummy place! We treated ourselves to some 3 lb luscious critters. They were pure magic! Cooked over a wood fire fresh from the sea - they were just what we'd been waiting for all year.