“Mixed feelings in our group”
Review of Kathy's Breakfast & Chowder - CLOSED

Kathy's Breakfast & Chowder
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Manahawkin, New Jersey
“Mixed feelings in our group”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We went fairly close to closing time and were accommodated. There was a nice range of menu items and I would have taken repeat meals there but some in our group didn't like the place. The prices were reasonable and the service was a very jovial woman who was hit with several large groups at once and took it in her stride. The only thing I did not like was the wine I chose which was poor at even 7 dollars. I'll bet they do a great breakfast.

Queens, New York, United States
“Great Breakfast.”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

If you a looking for some Down East hospitality this is it. This place was 2 minutes from the cottage we rented so we went a few times for breakfast. By the second visit the whole staff and kathy would stop by the table for some chatting. Yummy pancakes and great people.

CT
“Not What It Used To Be”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We went here for breakfast our first morning back in Maine. It's a shame....we ate here 2 years ago and the food was very good. Unfortunately, I can't say the same today. The coffee was very good and the service good as well, but that's about it. The home fries were deep fried--nasty. The scrambled eggs came in a little dish that had water in it. I don't know about the rest of you, but I do not add water to my eggs. Scrambled eggs can come out very fluffy without adding water. We didn't return. It's too bad; this used to be a very good place to eat.

Northern VA
“When food attacks!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had been looking forward to eating Kathy's all week as we were told about the place by the motel we were staying at. It is our last night here and this is what food we have to remember Maine by... The "lobster stew" was inedible warm milk with lobster chunks and stale oyster crackers. The chicken parmesan squirted hot juice all over me and appeared to be a frozen fried chicken patty of sorts. Not the worst thing I have ever eaten but I didn’t enjoy being attacked by my dinner. The cheeseburger looked like a frozen patty but wasn’t that bad. If I had run into anyone arriving in the parking lot I would have told them to run, run away!

• Visited August 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“Really weird and slow service with few customers”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The Benedict was good. But the breakfast sandwich was mediocre and the server was obviously having some issue with the cook/boss that she wasn't bothering to hide from the customers. She warned us it might be slow, but there was no excuse for taking this long to get breakfast to only a few customers.

1 Thank BumblechickFood