All reviewshot tubhomemade muffinseach morningthe cottagesbar harborthe main houseacadia national parkthe ownercontinental breakfastwhite chocolateafter a long daysmall fridgetwo nightsclose proximityiron and ironing boardslanted ceilingmom and pop
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Location was very convenient to parks and other attractions.
Staff was friendly and offered advice... However every restaurant suggested we did not have a good meal at..... Avoid Trenton Lobster Pound & Thurstons!!!!
Do go to Gateway Lunts..... great food and people!!!
Ok back to the room.... It was clean, a good bargain for the money... Location is a little noisy, try to get a cabin in the back of the property away from the main and side streets....
The Hot tub room was clean and people in there were friendly and were easy to chat with...
Breakfast was fresh, plentiful and if you were a little late, they kept food out until you were done, We never felt rushed....
Linens were clean, but next time I'd bring my own pillow....
If ur looking for state of the art.... this isnt the place for you. But if youre looking to slow down and get away from it all its a good place to stay...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2010

If you are looking for a hotel with HD TV and in-room movies this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a nice, clean, "homey" place to stay after a day of walking in Arcadia National Park this is for you. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Home made muffins for breakfast was a nice touch. Would visit again. Rates were much better than trying to stay in Bar Harbor.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2010

My wife and I just returned from Arcadia National Park Vacation. We stayed 1 week at the Open Hearth B & B. We stayed in the main house that had 3 sweets. Our room was the one on the first floor. Very nicely done. A bit noisy with the Rt 3 traffic but quites down by 10:00 PM but starts at about 6:00 AM. I am very aware to this as I life on a dead end street and only have maybe 50 cars pass a day. Most people would not notice. Breakfast and services were wonderful and only 7 miles to Arcadia and 9 miles to Bar Harbor. Great prices, hotel rooms and cottages were less expensive then sweet but much better then closer to the park or down town. Best restaurant for the money The Log Cabin a few miles toward Bar Harbor. I will go back again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We stayed here in the end of July for 3 nights. Firstival we planned only 2 days but then we decided to stay one night more. So we had one room in the main building and one Lodge. Both rooms were great! Clean and comfortable and, most important, excelent value for money. Both rooms have a small refrigerator, cable tv (allthough you don't need a tv, if you are near the acadia ;-) ) and the lodge has even a table outside to relax.
Even though the lodges are right beside the street, we slept like a baby... so no problem at all.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I called ahead and was quoted a price. I was informed via phone was came with the cabin (in particular that the room has air conditioning). I was informed which cabin I was staying in, and check it out on their website- which also says that all cabins have air conditioning, so I reserved the cabin. I got to the place- and no air conditioning. The women at the desk assured me that it was not needed, as the cabin would be cool in the evening, and that nothing was available with air conditioning. It was late, so we stayed.
The room did not cool down, and we slept horribly. In addition, the door to the bathroom did not close and there were ants and ant traps all over the cabin. I complained to the desk clerk the next morning (no night service), and he shrugged, saying that AC would be installed soon. Stay was awful, room was awful and service was awful- BEWARE.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank smacats
OpenHearthInn, Owner at Open Hearth Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2010

It is unfortunate that this guest was uncomfortable in our cottage, receiving a pre-season rate of $60 for a one night reservation in early June 2010. The overnight temperature in mid-June was 54 degrees, and there was a ceiling fan, which we find is pleasant for sleeping. Guest received continental breakfast and use of hot tub room. We installed air conditioners in all accomodations when it truly required this need. There are no ants in the units, because in Maine you need to have bait traps. We have serviced the warped door so that it would stick, we are sorry that these were issues.