At the time of this review the Sunrise Motel had 4 out of 5 stars. How that is even possible given the horrendous experience we had is beyound me (unless the night manager put us in the worst room in the motel and all the others are excellent, which I doubt).
Let me cut to the chase: the room was filthy. The first thing I did was check the sheets having read other reviews claiming that the sheets were covered in hair. And sure enough, our sheets clearly hadn't been changed (even though the cleaner had made the bed - in other words they just hadn't bothered to replace the old sheets). When I promptly told the night clerk he was very apologetic and came to change the sheets right away. Are you still with me? Because that's the even the worst part. The real horror came when the clerk removed the old sheets to reveal stained brown pillows (I'm not joking - see the photos I uploaded) and a mattress circa 1970. Well no wonder the the pillows and mattress were disgusting, it's because nothing was lined - everything was single layered so no mattress protector, double sheet or pillow protectors. I was so grossed out we should've just left then and there but we didn't (maybe we're suckers for punishment? Or just really stupid?) so to remedy the sheets we put ones over the top that we'd brought ourselves.
To add insult to injury the carpet was stained and faded (again, see the photos), the bed cover and pillows smelt like sweat/grease, and the blanket and stains and holes in it.
By far the worst establishment I have ever stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acadia Sunrise Motel is family-owned and operated right here in Trenton, ME. Since our family purchased it in 2009, we've treated every customer like they were a part of our family. The Acadia Sunrise Motel offers four variteties of rooms. - One queen size bed suitable for one or two guests. - Two double beds and a futon couch for up to six people. - Efficiency rooms on the first floor have two double beds and a fully equipped kitchen for four.- Efficiency rooms on the second floor have two queen sized beds and a fully equipped kitchen for four. We have a furnace heated swimming pool and guest laundry for long staying customers.Our family has been in the motel business for 16 seasons and we like what we do, offering people quality accommodations at very affordable prices. Our customer base spans the entire 16 years we have been running motels with families coming back every year to see us and moving from each motel we have owned to stay with us. For that we are truly thankful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Acadia Sunrise Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acadia Sunrise Hotel Trenton
- Sunrise Hotel Trenton
- Sunrise Motel Trenton
- Acadia Sunrise Motel Trenton, Maine