“See my photos of the filthy pillows & sheets = revolting”

Acadia Sunrise Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Trenton
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

At the time of this review the Sunrise Motel had 4 out of 5 stars. How that is even possible given the horrendous experience we had is beyound me (unless the night manager put us in the worst room in the motel and all the others are excellent, which I doubt).

Let me cut to the chase: the room was filthy. The first thing I did was check the sheets having read other reviews claiming that the sheets were covered in hair. And sure enough, our sheets clearly hadn't been changed (even though the cleaner had made the bed - in other words they just hadn't bothered to replace the old sheets). When I promptly told the night clerk he was very apologetic and came to change the sheets right away. Are you still with me? Because that's the even the worst part. The real horror came when the clerk removed the old sheets to reveal stained brown pillows (I'm not joking - see the photos I uploaded) and a mattress circa 1970. Well no wonder the the pillows and mattress were disgusting, it's because nothing was lined - everything was single layered so no mattress protector, double sheet or pillow protectors. I was so grossed out we should've just left then and there but we didn't (maybe we're suckers for punishment? Or just really stupid?) so to remedy the sheets we put ones over the top that we'd brought ourselves.

To add insult to injury the carpet was stained and faded (again, see the photos), the bed cover and pillows smelt like sweat/grease, and the blanket and stains and holes in it.

By far the worst establishment I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Punchy_but_accurate
Katherine B, Owner at Acadia Sunrise Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

I am sorry to hear this customer had a bad experience. I cannot comment on the room he is referring to or the conditions as I didn't see the room or receive the complaint until seeing it on Trip Advisor.
I can say that we no longer have old carpets like the ones shown nor do we have any white bedding as shown in the photos. We do however have fitted mattress covers on all of our beds so I am not sure why his did not have one. We also have always used pillow protectors so I am not sure why his had none. We have gone through all our bedding and blankets to be sure that nothing has holes or stains and I'm sorry they came across one in poor condition.
We do our best to please all our guests and we hope to have another opportunity to show this guest that his experience was unusual.
If anyone has any questions about this review or my comments please call me at the Acadia Sunrise Motel and I will be happy to discuss this with you.
Katherine

There are newer reviews for Acadia Sunrise Motel

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We booked this motel 3 days prior to our arrival, priced right, pet friendly an added bonus as we like to travel with our 4 legged kid. Another couple were meeting us a day later. We arrived late Friday afternoon and were quickly checked into our room. The room was clean, large with a well equipped small kitchenette. There is also a BBQ at the back area for guests to use, which we did, we had a lovely BBQ for 4 on Sunday. The Airport was an added surprise as we all love to Plane watch, we enjoyed the Air Traffic during our down times. Toured the Bar Harbor area by day and relaxed at the Motel by night…we had a great weekend, thanks to the staff at Acadia Sunrise!!! We will return…...

Room Tip: Kitchen units on the Back of the Motel are great, views of the Mountains and the Airport.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank sunlovingcdn
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We flew in last minute for the weekend and the Motel staff was very understanding of our weather constraints. Making our reservation flexible was very appealing. The Motel room had everything that we needed for a night or two: bed, plenty of extra blankets and pillows, mini-fridge, microwave, in room coffee maker, A/C and heaters. The room was clean. There was ample storage for our luggage and snacks. The bathroom had storage, hair dryer, extra towels and the best yet: HOT showers. No lack of hot water or water pressure.

I noticed a great pirate ship jungle gym in the back yard for my kids to explore when they come with us next time. There was also a great view of the airport and Cadillac Mountain from there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LisaJafra
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night during the Labor day weekend,2013.Room was ok but the bedspreads were not clean.The towels in the bathroom were hanging from the rod instead of its place in the towel holder and they had stains on them. Probably they were not cleaned after the previous guest vacated. When we informed the person incharge about the stains, he replied "They are not unclean, they are just stained". Ha ha!! The coffee machine looked horrible,as though it was cleaned ages ago! Beware while using the hot water, its extremely hot.The taps and the door handles work in the opposite way, so make sure you don't stand under the hot shower, turning the knob in opposite side. Also, the water in the flush tank gets filled slowly, so you might have to wait a bit longer to flush the toilet. Wifi was decent, no complaints about that.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front are very close to the road and are a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We visited after Labor Day without a reservation. The room we were going to rent wasn't available for the length of our stay, but were offered a larger unreserved room for the same price. Great deal! Nice large room with two double beds, clean and convenient to the Harbor and Acadia. Wonderful service. I have no complaints with this motel. We had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank DLP55
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked this motel as it was the only place that would allow us to book one night on the long weekend. The park and scenery were nice and the staff was courteous. Unfortunately, that is the only positives. The bed was full of (dog) hair and we had to get new bedding. The toilet leaked and the towels were horrible.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Vey disappointed toilet issues, leak issues, power issues. This place is old and crummy. Everything is done on the cheap. Towels are old and thin. We both had back problems from the beds Stay away many better choices in the area

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank 65andgoing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trenton
Belle Isle Motel
#1 of 2 in Trenton
Acadia Gateway Motel
Acadia Gateway Motel
#3 of 3 in Trenton

Been to Acadia Sunrise Motel? Share your experiences!