“Tons of Fun”

Wild Acadia Fun Park
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Trenton
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Great Time with the family. Nice people that work there I think the guys name was Jerry. Will go back again.

1  Thank keyz92

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

This place is a waste of your time and money. My 4 & 7 yr olds were not big enough to ride the go-carts so we played mini golf instead.
Why wouldn't you have some smaller ones too?
What were we thinking?! The course was unkept and you could hit the ball in to the water WAY to easily. I was able to retrieve the ball once but had to hike back to the counter to get another one the next time and then randomly pulled another from some bushes. (The ball went through a net and into a giant pool of water, nice)
When we first got there the lady in front of us had bought tickets and now wanted to apply that purchase to an all day pass. At first the teenager was unwilling to accommodate the request. We were shocked but soon after some protesting and convincing them that they were still giving them more money they did it.
The pricing for tickets is absurd and confusing. You can buy three tickets for a set amount but you can't divi them between your family. UGH!
So after the hot and slow round of mini golf we asked where the water fountain was. There isn't one. Really? With all the water in Maine and the type of outdoor business you are running you don't have a water fountain. Nope.
These people are raking it in and could put some better efforts in running their establishment.

6  Thank Katie M
Reviewed July 10, 2014

With all the beauty and fun of Acadia, sad to say that both of my kids said this was their favorite part of the trip! We all did the ropes course and the zip line. The kids loved it, and the staff was really helpful with my son when he had a "scared of heights" moment.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We went to the Fun Park for the high ropes course. This was a GREAT experience for ALL ages. We had a 4 year old in the group ahead of us with his mom that did great and got up to the 3rd level ropes. Everyone was very friendly there and let you do your own thing on the ropes but they were there if you needed help. It was very fun to end the course zip lining down. GREAT EXPERIENCE!

Reviewed June 21, 2014

My family just moved to Maine three weeks ago, and we have two daughters- a five year old, and a seven year old. We came from Louisiana where water parks are kind of a big deal. The girls were very excited about going to Wild Acadia.

Upon arriving, we were told by the person who took our money that even though she was four inches too short for the water slides, our five year old (who is very adventurous and precocious) would still likely be allowed to slide. But she wasn't; the kid they had in charge of the slide was unwilling to make exceptions, even with my daughter wearing a life-jacket and with my wife in the pool with her.

Then, while my five year old waited eagerly to bounce on the trampoline (they have a bungee harness set-up that lets people bounce higher, and which my youngest adores) we discovered that she couldn't do that either, because the harness wouldn't fit tightly enough. Even though she was in the proper weight category for the trampoline, she just couldn't do it. It really broke her heart, and ours. The go-carts were sorta fun, but even my oldest daughter couldn't drive one, and instead had to sit next to me as I drove it, because of a height requirement.

To be fair, the park refunded some of our money, but what they need are things that smaller kids can do. Because as it stands, they don't have anything for kids under about age 12. The water slides (they only have two) are really short and very tame- not the steep, fast-moving, or dangerous kinds of things they need to keep kids under 45 inches banned from. The pre-teens they have in charge of the whole place are not willing to be flexible in any appreciable way.

The single and only thing my youngest really could do was wade in a shallow pool with a life jacket on. The arcade has two pin-ball machines and maybe three video games for adults or teenagers. The zip-line stuff is for way older people or teens. Overall a very frustrating experience, even though one or two staff members tried to be nice.

4  Thank 765Roger