“Clam chowder that goes directly to your heart!”

Lobster Pound & Real Pit BBQ
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Ansonia, CT
“Clam chowder that goes directly to your heart!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The clam chowder is soooooooo gooooood! Very very creamy and buttery, goes right to your arteries! At first I thought the pulled pork was too smoky but as I ate it , I really enjoyed it. The sauce for the pulled pork was also very good. The cold slaw had a good kick and the potato salad was good. This place is a true joint and I think it's great!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank javaandjazz

New York City, New York
“Excellent place for lunch or dinner”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had lunch and dinner on a recent trip to Maine at this restaurant. The food is very good and service is extremely friendly and prompt. They offer your typical Lobster /fish dinners like most places in the area but also offer barbeque food such as ribs. The portions of ribs are huge. As a matter of fact I split a rib dinner with my daughter and there was plenty to spare. This location has indoor and outdoor seating. Another nice thing is they allow pets to keep you company while you eat. We had our German Shepherd join us for lunch. They even gave him a bone and a dish of water.

1 Thank Bernie B
Westfield, New Jersey
“Lobster and bbq doesnt get any better”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Great lobster and excellent bbq by the road. You cant tell just from the road but best meal of our visit to mdi. A Must

1 Thank markikaplan
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Great lobster and Texas style BBQ”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We live in the south so we know our BBQ and have pretty high expectations. We enjoyed this place so much that we went here twice. The first time I had a lobster roll which was some of the better lobster I experience on our trip. And the corn was cooked perfectly. Next time I had the brisket and pulled pork. The pork has a strong smoky flavor and the brisket was very tasty. My husband had ribs and they fell of the bone. Overall enjoyed this place. It is a bit high on price but it seemed most restaurants in that area were!

1 Thank ssedlac
Franklin MA
“BBQ at a lobster pound?? Well done!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We spent the weekend on Mount Desert Island and were looking for lunch as we headed out. I love BBQ and I love lobster so there were lots of choices. I intended to get lobster but the smokers were cranked and smelled great so we got pulled pork sandwiches. They were excellent! The flavors were well balanced and rich. The smoke was not overwhelming as often happens at BBQ places. It was definitely some of the best pulled pork we've had. I like to make my own on my smoker and I'm very partial to my recipe but this was better. I highly recommend it. I wish I had the room for a grilled lobster...it looked good, too. Good selection of craft beers as well.

• Visited June 2013