“Overly Priced food”

Gateway Lunts Lobster Pound
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Keokuk, Iowa
“Overly Priced food”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were driving to Acadia national park and had lunch here. The service was slow and sloppy, ambiance is not great either. Clam chowder was very soupy. it appears and taste like heavy cream with a few tiny diced potato and seasoned with salt and pepper. Hamburger was nothing spectacular. Thinking about it, we should have been better off going to McDonalds. Oh, there lobster was overpriced too.

Visited August 2013

Ardsley, New York
“Best Lobster in Acadia”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

It has been 2 years since our last visit to Acadia and as this was our first stop for dinner by popular demand (3 teenagers and my wife). Friendly service and the lobster was as good as I remember. We have tried most of the Lobster pounds in the area and Lunts continues to be our favorite

Visited August 2013
“Watery clam chowder”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

At 9.50 a bowl you would expect a thicker clam chowder with more than a couple of clams in it. And the onion rings were oily and overpriced for the size.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Angelomusic
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“THAT OWNER (OLD GUY) IS NOT HELPFUL AT ALL, FOR IT BEING A FAMILY RESTAURANT.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. DON'T EVER COME HERE IF YOU DECIDE TO BUY LOBSTERS TO TAKE AWAY FROM MAINE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE ON A ROAD TRIP. I BOUGHT 51 COOLERS AND GOT IT STUFFED INTO TWO COOLERS. One cooler came back home and survived the road trip, whereas the other cooler did not survive at all. So that is almost 25 lobsters being dead. THIS IS THE WORST PLACE TO BUY LOBSTERS TO TAKE AWAY. STAY AWAY.

Hoping to figure things out, i called the shack just recently, only to talk to the old man who just had to tell me that they were not dead. Prior to that, I had asked about how he would pack lobsters for shipping or to buy live, and what he did was say that he would pack it with a sort of gel. However, I did not get this "gel", and got 2 bags of ice (one for each) instead. OH, and they charged me for the ice. I am never returning to this place again. Worst experience ever. I didn't even get to pick the lobsters i wanted. Last time, at a different shack (not disclosing that name & location), I was able to pick my own lobsters (for size, etc.) and it didn't have to be weighed to get that total number of pounds of lobsters that i bought. And yet, last time, that place packed it so well, that it survived the car ride and into the next day. However, that said location was closed, and so I decided to give Lunt's Lobster Pound a chance, and boy, did they mess it up horribly. I expected better since I later realized that THEY CHARGED ME FOR THE ICE THEY PROVIDED FOR ME.

Just remember, that if you buy lobsters to take away, you are likely to receive dead lobsters without receiving the required gel that would be given out, as well as a lack of a good customer satisfaction help.

I would have figured a family restaurant would be understanding to help other families, such as mine....but apparently I was wrong.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank kchannn
Wilton, California
“Best we found, went twice”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The soft shell lobsters here are $4.99 a pound cooked. Since we had eaten at Trenton previously we only ordered the two lobster and butter. This was a much more laid back family type place, where Trenton seemed more automated. You get the lobster, pre cracked - big plus. The bathroom is handy for clean up. You self bus your trash, no big deal. Worth the cost savings and a nice place.

• Visited July 2013