“Special anniversary dinner”

Cuisines: Diner
Kennebunks, Maine
“Special anniversary dinner”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Very impressed with waitress, food was hot and came out on a timely basis. A few suggestions from the waitress were spot on. Recommend fairgrounds cafe.

Visited August 2014

Maine
“Laid-back atmosphere, great food and reasonably priced”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

My boyfriend and I have lived in the Brunswick/Topsham area for a little over a year and a half now and we finally tried the Fairground Café. Very laid-back atmosphere, reasonably priced and great food. It reminds me of a smaller version of Governor's Restaurant (which I would also recommend). When you get tired of chain restaurant food, try the Fairground Café.

• Visited June 2014
“Excellent Breakfast”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Been here about 5 times for breakfast. You get big portions, and everything was as it should be. Eggs were received the way we ordered, iced coffee was quite good, potatoes were crispy, toast was right and it cost 5.50 without coffee. 4 of us were impressed. The tables were well stocked, the waiter was excellent, even the bus boy was nice and polite. They serve a lot of people, it is always busy.

Lisbon, Maine
“Breakfast not okay”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

First time going there for breakfast. The omelet was good. The hash browns and the toast was burnt. I only eat the omelet. The hash browns and toast was not edible. The home fires which my boyfriend order was good. The home fries came with onions.

• Visited June 2014
East Boothbay
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Greasy !”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I will say we had a very good breakfast at Fairground Cafe, so we thought we would try it for dinner. My husband disliked it intensely,he will not give them a second chance. He ordered fried scallops, french fry's and coleslaw.His plate came out with the food sitting in a puddle of oil.The temp to properly fry at, plus the draining of the excess oil was obviously not bothered with. He left the french fry's on the plate. I had a steak, mashed potatoes and a vegetable. The potatoes tasted like instant mashed potatoes ( i cannot swear they were but they tasted like them)The vegetable was frozen, not fresh and cooked to mush.The steak was very thin and overcooked,I ordered rare, I got well done.We also had rolls with the chewy texture of rolls reheated in a microwave.They did have a small group of singers and a piano player that sang country and western and 30's to 50's popular tunes and that was the only thing we found that was fun. It is the one thing that gets them a"poor" rather than "terrible" review.We wished we had gone to Ruby Tuesdays which was across the parking lot and we would have gotten a better meal for about the same price.

• Visited May 2014